The Student Room Group

Bath or Kings economics to get into investment banking?

I would like to maximise my chances of getting into investment banking and am not sure what uni to select between Kings and Bath.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
both are good
Original post by Luna11
I would like to maximise my chances of getting into investment banking and am not sure what uni to select between Kings and Bath.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi there,

To introduce myself I’m Joao. In my final year studying BSc Economics at Surrey University, I am working as a Campus Ambassador for JP Morgan. I recently finished my one-year industrial placement as an Economist for the British Government’s Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). I also had the opportunity to work as a Private Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Biosecurity. There's more than one way of getting a graduate job at an investment bank. The route you choose will depend partly upon the area of the bank you want to get into. My advice is to apply for internships during your bachelor's degree and get an offer of a full-time job when you graduate.

This is the standard method of getting the first job in an investment bank. While you're at university, you need complete as many investment banking internships as you conceivably can, starting in your first year. In Europe, these first-year internships are known as 'spring weeks.' Suppose you impress the banks' recruiters during these short first-year internships. In that case, you will often be guaranteed a place to come back for ten weeks during the summer holiday of your second year (a so-called "summer internship" or "summer analyst program.") And if you impress again during these summer internships, you should be offered a full-time job when you graduate.

Joao
Economics

Quick Reply

Latest