The Student Room Group

Maximum maintenance loan without parents permission

Hey there, I'm currently in the process of applying for a student loan, and I want to be able to have a maintenance loan of over £4,500, which requires evidence to be submitted. However, I haven't told my parents about my university decision yet due to personal reasons, and so they would not be compliant if I were to ask them right now. I know where all the tax documents and such are kept. Unethical as it sounds, is it theoretically possible for me to provide all the evidence and fill out the forms on behalf of them in order to get the maximum maintenance loan?Thanks in advance.
This would be fraud. You can’t fill in the household income information on behalf of your parents without their permission.

You don’t have to tell your parents which university you are applying for finance for. That information isn’t shared with them.
Original post by TryinForThatLoan
Hey there, I'm currently in the process of applying for a student loan, and I want to be able to have a maintenance loan of over £4,500, which requires evidence to be submitted. However, I haven't told my parents about my university decision yet due to personal reasons, and so they would not be compliant if I were to ask them right now. I know where all the tax documents and such are kept. Unethical as it sounds, is it theoretically possible for me to provide all the evidence and fill out the forms on behalf of them in order to get the maximum maintenance loan?Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

PQ is right: your parents need to give us their permission to include their income details: you can't submit this without their knowledge.

If we can re-assured them about this process in any way - for example, to confirm why we ask for this information - we'll be happy to do so.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply