The Student Room Group

How do i revise??

My first exam is in just under 2 weeks, I've barely done any revision because I have no motivation (despite being terrified of failing). Any revision tips would be super appreciated (mainly for history and english lit, but I'll take anything at this point lol
Original post by gkalnins
My first exam is in just under 2 weeks, I've barely done any revision because I have no motivation (despite being terrified of failing). Any revision tips would be super appreciated (mainly for history and english lit, but I'll take anything at this point lol

do past papers and use mark schemes and the examiners report to see good answers. I find doing this is
helpful

for history make timelines, quizlets on key acts and etc, and then just plan all the past essays you can find. there's usually some in textbooks to use too

by binning your phone, netflix etc
Every bit you do will help! I personally make notes of every topic then do past paper q with the notes, mark them & add stuff in the marks scheme to my notes (so with biology it will ask for a process for 5 marks so in my notes i add the process according to the marks awarded). I then do the same past paper q at a later date w/out the notes. For essay subjects (i do psychology) I do more learning by flashcards then past paper q as I know the mark scheme is a lot nicer (i do a split of 70:30 ish). I would say quality of revision is way better than quantity, especially at this stage as if you're revising too much, you'll burn out/not actually remember anything. You've got this! two weeks is longer than you think :3
websites like quizlet and kahoot will be good to get small and essential facts into your brain!!

Use seneca, it'll teach you pretty much everything you need to know. ALSO i feel you with history, its a ***** but what you can do is find a time line of the period and make spider diagrams on each event, and number every point so you don't get confused! English lit, i recommend: Mr bruff, Mr salles and Mr everything English. Also for history i recommend: History matters, over-simplified (just keep watching them and you'll gradually get the hang of things). Hang in there you'll be okay :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest