SFE, Sending my birth certificate

Watch this thread
heretohelp10
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am slightly confused about the process of sending my birth certificate as proof of my identity for my Student Finance Application as on the website there is not explicit reference to a cover letter yet I keep on hearing about it

1)What do I need to include with my Birth Certificate when I send it to the Student Finance Address?
2)Would it be ok for me to send a handwritten paper as a cover letter(lined paper) with my name, CRN and address as well as why I'm sending my birth certificate or does it need to be typed up(I don't have access to a printer at home)?
3)I heard I need a signature from someone whose in a high position that's known me for 2 years like a teacher or bank official, can someone tell me if this is true or not?

Also would be helpful if there could be like a template provided on how I should go about this
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
If you do not have a UK passport (or it has expired), send your original birth or adoption certificate to Student Finance England.

Include your name and address. You should also include your customer reference number if you have one. This is an 11-digit number.

From https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...y/2022-to-2023

Make sure you have copies of your birth certificate and post it from a post office and ask for proof of postage (this is free).
Last edited by PQ; 1 month ago
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by heretohelp10)
I am slightly confused about the process of sending my birth certificate as proof of my identity for my Student Finance Application as on the website there is not explicit reference to a cover letter yet I keep on hearing about it

1)What do I need to include with my Birth Certificate when I send it to the Student Finance Address?
2)Would it be ok for me to send a handwritten paper as a cover letter(lined paper) with my name, CRN and address as well as why I'm sending my birth certificate or does it need to be typed up(I don't have access to a printer at home)?
3)I heard I need a signature from someone whose in a high position that's known me for 2 years like a teacher or bank official, can someone tell me if this is true or not?

Also would be helpful if there could be like a template provided on how I should go about this
Hi there,

Like PQ said we just need to see your original UK birth certificate: you don't need to have anyone counter-sign it.

We'd recommend including a cover letter in the envelope just confirming your name and Customer Reference Number.

Thanks, Graeme
heretohelp10
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Graeme SFE)
Hi there,

Like PQ said we just need to see your original UK birth certificate: you don't need to have anyone counter-sign it.

We'd recommend including a cover letter in the envelope just confirming your name and Customer Reference Number.

Thanks, Graeme
Thanks for the info, I think I sent my Birth Certificate Saturday the 14th May and I'm yet to get an email regrading whether the Student Loans Company have received it (my mum paid extra to get it sent by Monday the 16th May)and I'm kind of worried
SFE Erin N
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by heretohelp10)
Thanks for the info, I think I sent my Birth Certificate Saturday the 14th May and I'm yet to get an email regrading whether the Student Loans Company have received it (my mum paid extra to get it sent by Monday the 16th May)and I'm kind of worried
Hi There,

If we received your birth certificate on May 16th then it’s unlikely to have been processed yet. We’d expect you to have a response towards the end of June based on current timescales.

Thanks, Erin N
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads