Eurovision 2022 - Grand Finale discussion thread!

Watch this thread
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Name:  D6B7399F-B874-4AE5-BAB8-EE72A229FD43.jpeg
Views: 7
Size:  119.9 KB

:popout: Eurovision is calling!
Welcome all to this year’s Eurovision chat along thread!
This year’s Eurovision is taking place in Turin, Italy :party:

What we know:

When is the big night? Saturday 22nd May 2022 - BBC 1 @8pm

How to watch: BBC/YouTube
*A TV license is required to watch BBC live broadcasts

Who is representing the UK?
Sam Ryder will be performing the song 'Space Man’ in the second half - he is the second favourite to win in the odds :shock: (I know I was shocked too :eek3: :gah: )

Who will be the UK spokesperson? (I.e. the person giving out douze points)
AJ Odudu :awesome:

This is the official running order for the Grand Final :thumbsup:

Name:  FED70308-3B62-4B03-BE7D-0C01FAAFE927.jpeg
Views: 8
Size:  70.4 KB

SO

Who's excited? :excited: :ahee:
What's your favourite entry so far? :hmmm:
Do you have a top 5? top 10? top 20? feel free to post it!
Do you have any favourite entries from previous years?
Thoughts on this years UK entry?
Who will WIN? :iiam:
Last edited by Chronoscope; 2 days ago
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 days ago
Will be interesting!

Really wasn't feeling Eurovision at all in the week, but starting to get into the mood a bit. Just annoyed that the Saracens match has been scheduled up against it!

It'll take quite a lot, as a good Celt, to stop me voting from France's Breton entry!
Chronoscope
Rep:
And Eurovision is go :woo:
Chronoscope
Rep:
Ooh red and blue lights :awesome:
Chronoscope
Rep:
lightsabers
TeeEff
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
RIP TSR live voting dashboard :cry2: forever missed
Chronoscope
Rep:
(Original post by TeeEff)
RIP TSR live voting dashboard :cry2: forever missed
Was from the lovely @Dez we used to have that :sadnod: :love:
Chronoscope
Rep:
I like her sparkly dress :thumbsup:
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Maybe I listen to all the songs. If the first ones don't appeal to me, I switch off.
TeeEff
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Strong start from the Czechs! Great party anthem to start off the evening, but a shame her vocals can't seem to project enough power to make it a showstopper

7/10
Last edited by TeeEff; 2 days ago
TeeEff
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Wtf is that Charles Leclerc?

Took us until the 2nd song to get a taste of the Eurovision weirdness Fun if average

5/10
Chronoscope
Rep:
Czech republic 7/10
Romania 6/10
Portugal 3/10
Chronoscope
Rep:
Strong start from the Czechs! Great party anthem to start off the evening, but a shame her vocals can't seem to project enough power to make it a showstopper

7/10
Definitely a fab opening song :five:
TeeEff
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Has an almost Enya - Only Time vibe to it, fairly pleasant! Will unfortunately be forgotten by the 10th song

4/10
Last edited by TeeEff; 2 days ago
Chronoscope
Rep:
I think people on reddit were comparing this guy to IT the clown bc of the balloon :lol:

Good song though 8/10, I'm vibing
Oxford Mum
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Chronoscope)
I like her sparkly dress :thumbsup:
It makes a Christmas tree look muted - I want one
TeeEff
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Strongly prefer dark side to this unfortunately, I think it would've been better to not go with another rock anthem to avoid the comparison. Decent though!

6/10
Oxford Mum
Rep:
Report 2 days ago

7/10
Son and I just loving the Czech song

Come on join in harrysbar
Oxford Mum
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
So says this song is a bit like George Ezra ( Switzerland)

Woshette is bored already and swigging from my cider
TeeEff
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
I don't really know how else to describe this song but...cute? It does nothing bar giving you warm fuzzy feelings I guess

5/10
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads