The Student Room Group

Graduation gown and hat. To buy or to rent?

I can either buy my graduation gear for a total of £233 or I can rent it from this provided company for £25. Part of me wants to buy it so I can keep it as a keepsake but the price is.... ouch haha.

What did everyone else do? or if you're graduating this year what are you planning on doing?
Rent. You will have photos to keep.
Original post by JamesHoist
I can either buy my graduation gear for a total of £233 or I can rent it from this provided company for £25. Part of me wants to buy it so I can keep it as a keepsake but the price is.... ouch haha.

What did everyone else do? or if you're graduating this year what are you planning on doing?

Nearly everyone rents - you won't even want it taking up space in your wardrobe afterwards
There’s far better £200 keepsakes you can get to remember your degree.
Original post by JamesHoist

Unless you're going to be a teacher at the sort of school where gowns are worn for special occasions a few times a year, probably not worth buying it.

Quick Reply

Latest