Why do some men get this wound up?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Went to my weekly boxing class last night. We were only two, and our coach asked us to spar a bit.

I'm not that good, I still a lot of training, especially cardio, but I landed a couple hits.

After one of the hits, the guy starts yelling and complaint that I was hitting too hard...

I tried telling him I'm sorry if I said and that I'm not trying to, and he kept whining.

The guy isn't as tall as me but he's well built.

What does he expect in boxing?
Sjxidjd123
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Went to my weekly boxing class last night. We were only two, and our coach asked us to spar a bit.

I'm not that good, I still a lot of training, especially cardio, but I landed a couple hits.

After one of the hits, the guy starts yelling and complaint that I was hitting too hard...

I tried telling him I'm sorry if I said and that I'm not trying to, and he kept whining.

Some women would also get this wound up. It has nothing to do with gender 😂 it’s the person. It’s just their personality.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago

Lol, this reminds me of the days when I did Karate. When I started I would go too mad and too aggressive, and people complained.

The thing you have remember about sparring is that it's like play-fighting, only you take it seriously. It may be slightly different in something like boxing, but in Karate, the idea behind sparring was to train your striking /blocking techniques as well as getting used to different fighting styles... it was never about hurting or injuring your opponent.

I'm speculating, but if, you were using boxing as an outlet for all the stresses etc. in your every day life, it could be you're going a bit too hard and need to exercise more control; however, it this was the case, I'm sure your coach would have said something
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Old Skool Freak)
Lol, this reminds me of the days when I did Karate. When I started I would go too mad and too aggressive, and people complained.

The thing you have remember about sparring is that it's like play-fighting, only you take it seriously. It may be slightly different in something like boxing, but in Karate, the idea behind sparring was to train your striking /blocking techniques as well as getting used to different fighting styles... it was never about hurting or injuring your opponent.

I'm speculating, but if, you were using boxing as an outlet for all the stresses etc. in your every day life, it could be you're going a bit too hard and need to exercise more control; however, it this was the case, I'm sure your coach would have said something
My point is, if you're training in boxing, you have to expect to get hit. If you whinge about it, you need to leave.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
My point is, if you're training in boxing, you have to expect to get hit. If you whinge about it, you need to leave.
Alternatively, If you can't control yourself when sparring, you need to leave.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Any (legitimate) fighting sport is about discipline and control, not wild aggression. It it's a wild hit, and he was injured in training, that could cause all sorts of problems. You improve your skills / reflexes / techniques by sparring, but you improve your striking strength with the punchbag.

(Original post by StriderHort)
Alternatively, If you can't control yourself when sparring, you need to leave.
Exactly this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
7.49%

Watched Threads