The Student Room Group

What tablets do you recommend for sixth form?

^^ I'm looking for something that's NOT apple and preferably have one of those pens to make notes
Original post by _Robyn_
^^ I'm looking for something that's NOT apple and preferably have one of those pens to make notes

Why do you want a tablet for 6th form?
one of the samsung galaxy tablets maybe? i also heard the surface pro is pretty good?
Reply 3
Original post by _Rusty_
Why do you want a tablet for 6th form?

I've been told it's useful to store all the notes on there rather than losing sheets. Do I not need one?
Original post by _Robyn_
I've been told it's useful to store all the notes on there rather than losing sheets. Do I not need one?

id weigh up what you'd actually use it for compared to how much it is (quite expensive)

personally i think a good compromise is a laptop like the ideapad flex 5 where u can use it as a tablet but also a laptop.
Original post by _Robyn_

I mean its a personal decision, I got one for when I start uni in September. You don't need one but that doesn't mean that if you can afford it won't be useful. I didn't have one for 6th Form, but I can definitely see the appeal. I don't know anyone in my 6th Form who used one, that's why I was asking. What are you studying?
Reply 6
Original post by _Rusty_
I mean its a personal decision, I got one for when I start uni in September. You don't need one but that doesn't mean that if you can afford it won't be useful. I didn't have one for 6th Form, but I can definitely see the appeal. I don't know anyone in my 6th Form who used one, that's why I was asking. What are you studying?

I'm gonna be studying psychology, religious studies and physics (or btec applied science I'm not sure yet)
Reply 7
When I was at 6th Form everyone just used pen and paper so just a standard laptop would be necessary (as quite a lot of our work was online). However I brought a surface pro for uni and I absolutely love it despite the battery life being a bit rubbish!
Just my take, but the more digital your notes get the less attention you'll give them.
Original post by _Robyn_

Hi! I've got a few recommendations.

My friend is using the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite which comes with a S pen. She did pay for an additional blue tooth keyboard and mouse set so she could use it like a pseudo laptop as well. The price is quite good around 300ish but it does tend to go on sale.

I got a 2 in 1 laptop recently for university interviews (I'm in Year13) which i plan to use in Uni as well. I got the samsung galaxybook 360 pro, which comes with a s pen as well. I do have to warn you it was very pricey (£1200 for the 14inch) it took all the savings i had lol but it's definitely worth it in my opinion.

If you wanna know more about either lemme know!
Original post by _Robyn_
I'm gonna be studying psychology, religious studies and physics (or btec applied science I'm not sure yet)

Dammit my post deleted itself:banghead:

Basically, you got to think about whether you will be able to write quickly, clearly and effectively on the tablet. As well as this, there is a lots of graphing, maths and essay writing in your subject choices
Reply 11
Ah alright thank you all for advice. I think I might stick to paper then. And I just remembered that I have a laptop that's also touch screen so I can use that as well. Saves me wasting my money :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending