Computer science 8 marker

Watch this thread
JJ5672
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey could someone plz grade my answer out of 8 and give me some feedback!
ThanksName:  image.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  242.7 KB
Last edited by JJ5672; 1 week ago
ErayAXZ
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
6/8

First of all, I am Still a GCSE student and I'm just going off my own knowledge so take my response with a pinch of salt.

I think you did well you provided points for and against both optical and SSDs however you need to be more careful with your keywords, for example, because a disk can be scratched doesn't mean it isn't reliable it means it isn't durable, also instead of saying SSDs are strong it is more accurate to say robust. In addition, try to avoid using words such as 'relatively' or 'quite';instead use 'compared to' or 'better than' since you end up basing your reasoning off of evidence rather than opinion. Also, you could provide more detail such as 'since SSDs are robust they are more resistant to vibrations drops scratches and snapping than compared to a standard optical storage device which tends to be more fragile.' also add context, they mention carry is using it to transfer files so you could 'say that most modern-day computers don't have integrated cd reader so it would be more convenient to use an SSD since you can just plug them into a USB port.'

and all these comparison 8 markers roughly tend to be the same question so if you memorise 4 characteristics of each type of media you should do great.
JJ5672
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ErayAXZ)
6/8

First of all, I am Still a GCSE student and I'm just going off my own knowledge so take my response with a pinch of salt.

I think you did well you provided points for and against both optical and SSDs however you need to be more careful with your keywords, for example, because a disk can be scratched doesn't mean it isn't reliable it means it isn't durable, also instead of saying SSDs are strong it is more accurate to say robust. In addition, try to avoid using words such as 'relatively' or 'quite';instead use 'compared to' or 'better than' since you end up basing your reasoning off of evidence rather than opinion. Also, you could provide more detail such as 'since SSDs are robust they are more resistant to vibrations drops scratches and snapping than compared to a standard optical storage device which tends to be more fragile.' also add context, they mention carry is using it to transfer files so you could 'say that most modern-day computers don't have integrated cd reader so it would be more convenient to use an SSD since you can just plug them into a USB port.'

and all these comparison 8 markers roughly tend to be the same question so if you memorise 4 characteristics of each type of media you should do great.
Thank you 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.78%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.45%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
9.92%

Watched Threads