The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Accommodation for pre-season training

My son has been invited to pre-season training for his sport starting 30th August up until the start of term. Obviously that’s not very long after results day, so what happens about college accommodation allocation and moving in? He has provisionally been allocated to Van Mildert but I understand this could also change between now and then?
Original post by Anonymous
My son has been invited to pre-season training for his sport starting 30th August up until the start of term. Obviously that’s not very long after results day, so what happens about college accommodation allocation and moving in? He has provisionally been allocated to Van Mildert but I understand this could also change between now and then?

Hi there

I'm not sure how this works but if he has been invited then the uni should be providing him accommodation. The uni will obviously try to confirm colleges ASAP after results day and there's a very high chance that most students will stay in their allocated colleges. If you know somebody who is going to lead this training session, then it's best to contact them. If not, try emailing Team Durham and the provisional college to find out what exactly will be the case: [email protected] ; [email protected]

-Himieka (Official DU Rep)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
It may be college and sport dependent but the DU athletes I know had to source their own accommodation - I lived with an athlete who moved in the same day as me but had been in Durham three weeks prior living at a teammate's house

Quick Reply