Student loan worth it?

Watch this thread
vanshika20
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi,
so I have received an offer from the university of manchester, the University of Edinburgh, and Warwick for BSc in economics. I am from India and my parents can't afford so much. My top choice is Warwick and i think the costs for all 3 years will add up to about 105000 pounds which is about 1 crore indian rupees. My parents can only pay about 47349 pounds which is 45 lak indian ruppees and I'll have to take a loan of 57872 pounds(55 lka inr) which is quite a lot. I am just confused about whether it is gonna be worth it and whether i'll be able to get a high paying job and be able to pay back the loan:/
Advertisement
micholate9
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
What do you plan to do with your degree? It may be worth looking at average salaries for the kind of jobs you would be interested in applying to.

Alternatively, you could come to the UK for a master's degree instead. It would be much cheaper to fund a 1 year course.

Have you also looked at other countries to see if works out cheaper/ if international students can get any assistance? I have an inkling that some US universities give financial aid to international students as well, but I'm not 100% sure. This could be worth looking into as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (47)
17.67%
The paper was reasonable (107)
40.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (56)
21.05%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
21.05%

Watched Threads