The Student Room Group

i'm a bit upset about the summer holidays

i am doing my GCSEs next week. i get amazing grades - literally 7s 8s and 9s. however, my mom decided to book a holiday during my NCS event (a 4 night residential that i was going to go on with my friends). i am really annoyed because for the past 2 years, i hardly left the house to see my friends. i actually only ever get to see my friends for half an hour a day at school and i was really hoping to go out with them properly for once but now i can't. even though my mom knew about the dates i was going, she still booked the holiday on the days i couldn't do. now i'm basically being forced to go on holiday. because i would have finished my GCSEs, i would have at least thought that i get to go on both NCS and my holiday abroad because again, my life is to the extreme of boring.
it's the fact that i wouldn't even mind dropping NCS if i got to hang out with my friends outside of school in the holidays, but my parents are strict and probably won't let me even do that (they wouldn't let me do that last year). genuinely, last year during the long summer holidays, i only met up with a single friend once.
my mom said that as a family, we will go places, but i am fed up of going places with my family. i really just want to go with my friends.
my dad said that i could go to the local towncentre near me a few times, go for a meal or a walk with my friends. but come on. i feel like i'm overreacting so much but i have reasons to feel like this.
i see all my other mates from class partying and going out of town. their life seems so fun.
i feel as though my life is so so restricted to the point where i will be over the ****ing moon when i move out of my house.
for christ sake, my mom thinks there's threats if i hang out in the park with my friends. i'm not stupid, i would not go in the dark. i am a female who is 5'10 so it's not like i'm a target.
i don't want my whole life to go by without me really doing anything.
i want to consider these holidays to be the best holidays of my life. but idek
I’m so sorry that’s not a nice situation :frown: can you do ncs at another date? My little brother is doing it this year and there’s multiple dates for them to do it. I know your friends may not be on that one but you meet lots of people on ncs and it would get you out the house, I hope you have a lovely summer anyways though <3
Original post by lauren.j0301
I’m so sorry that’s not a nice situation :frown: can you do ncs at another date? My little brother is doing it this year and there’s multiple dates for them to do it. I know your friends may not be on that one but you meet lots of people on ncs and it would get you out the house, I hope you have a lovely summer anyways though <3

that is true! i'm doing wave 5 (8th Aug one) and soooo many people were on the waiting list haha
i hope you have a lovely summer too <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending