Electrolysis and Fuel cells in chemistry paper 1

Watch this thread
ereniusiu
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I do aqa higher chemistry (separate) and I'm wondering to what extent you guys think details on electrolysis will be included. Do you guys think we need to know all the half equations of that one aluminium oxide electrolysis experiment and in fuel cells?
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ereniusiu)
Hi, I do aqa higher chemistry (separate) and I'm wondering to what extent you guys think details on electrolysis will be included. Do you guys think we need to know all the half equations of that one aluminium oxide electrolysis experiment and in fuel cells?
You want us to guess what will come up on the exam so that you don't have to revise all of the content?

Will you blame us if we get it wrong and a Q comes up testing knowledge that you didn't learn?

Just learn it all and stop trying to cut corners.
potatoes25
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
well, according to advance info, electrolysis is a major focus, so i'd be very surprised if it didnt come up. and fuel cells may come up as well, which is only 2 equations to memorise, so its not too bad. same goes for the aluminium oxide electrolysis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (30)
27.27%
Take a gap year (17)
15.45%
Resit my exams (30)
27.27%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (17)
15.45%
I don't know yet (11)
10%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.55%

Watched Threads