The Student Room Group

Aqa a level psychology help

what are some a* evaluation points for attachment in general please
I only have them for the advanced information topics but for learning theory,
So the way I structure AO3 is to make my point, evidence it, explain it, then link to why it is either a limitation or strength.
There are methodological issues with the research evidence for learning theory as an explanation for attachment. The supporting evidence, such as Pavlov's research with dogs, is criticised for the over-reliance on animals. This is an issue as psychologists argue that behaviourist explanations provide an over-simplified account of attachment formation, which is, in fact, a complex emotional bond between a human infant and their caregiver. As a result, the learning theory of attachment may lack validity since it is difficult to generalise animal findings to humans with confidence that they would behave in the same way.
lemme know if you need any more examples :P
(edited 1 year ago)
You’d kinda need to give a topic of attachment in order to be given A* evaluative points, as you’ll always be evaluating *something* in attachment, not the topic as a whole. So for example we can give help on topics like the learning theory, Bowlby’s monotropy theory etc
Original post by Squiggles1238
You’d kinda need to give a topic of attachment in order to be given A* evaluative points, as you’ll always be evaluating *something* in attachment, not the topic as a whole. So for example we can give help on topics like the learning theory, Bowlby’s monotropy theory etc

romanian orphans/institutionalisation please
Original post by newgoose
I only have them for the advanced information topics but for learning theory,
So the way I structure AO3 is to make my point, evidence it, explain it, then link to why it is either a limitation or strength.
There are methodological issues with the research evidence for learning theory as an explanation for attachment. The supporting evidence, such as Pavlov's research with dogs, is criticised for the over-reliance on animals. This is an issue as psychologists argue that behaviourist explanations provide an over-simplified account of attachment formation, which is, in fact, a complex emotional bond between a human infant and their caregiver. As a result, the learning theory of attachment may lack validity since it is difficult to generalise animal findings to humans with confidence that they would behave in the same way.
lemme know if you need any more examples :P

appreciate this. could you do romanian orphan studies/institutionalisation and influence of early attachments on adult relationships please?
Original post by jakewatkins22
appreciate this. could you do romanian orphan studies/institutionalisation and influence of early attachments on adult relationships please?

A strength of the research into institutionalisation is that it has aided understanding of the importance of secure attachments. The findings from Rutter's (1998) ERA study and Zeanah et al's (2005) study has led to improvements in the way children are cared for in institutions. This can be evidenced through children's homes ensuring that a smaller amount of people have regular contact with the child, in place of many. This is a strength as having a primary caregiver means that the children have the chance to develop healthy attachments and avoid the effects of institutionalisation, such as quasi-autism or disinhibited attachments. Research into institutionalisation has aided the way children are cared for in children's homes and orphanages, improving their quality of life.
A strength of the research into institutionalisation is that it has aided understanding of the importance of secure attachments. The findings from Rutter's (1998) ERA study and Zeanah et al's (2005) study has led to improvements in the way children are cared for in institutions. This can be evidenced through children's homes ensuring that a smaller amount of people have regular contact with the child, in place of many. This is a strength as having a primary caregiver means that the children have the chance to develop healthy attachments and avoid the effects of institutionalisation, such as quasi-autism or disinhibited attachments. Research into institutionalisation has aided the way children are cared for in children's homes and orphanages, improving their quality of life.

appreciate this! have a few questions
could you do a couple more for romanian orphans. my evaluation is weak for that topic
are you a teacher/student?
appreciate this! have a few questions
could you do a couple more for romanian orphans. my evaluation is weak for that topic
are you a teacher/student?

Im in year 13 lol, ive actually got my first psych paper in a week, but this helps as it is revision!

More eval for Romanian orphans:
A strength of Rutter's ERA study is that there is research to support the idea of a critical period and the importance of early intervention. Chugani et al. (2001) administered PET scans to a small sample (10) of children adopted from Romanian orphanages and compared them with a control group consisting of 17 adults and 7 children. Assessments revealed that there was mild neurocognitive impairment, impulsive behaviour, attention problems and social deficits. The Romanian orphans showed significantly decreased activity in the hippocampus which led to the conclusion that dysfunction in certain parts of the brain have resulted from stress of early deprivation and may be linked to the long-term effects that the orphans have been stated to suffer of. This research supports Rutter's claim that institutionalisation harbours long term effects on attachment.

A limitation of research into institutionalisations is that as there were exceptional circumstances in the romanian orphanages, including poor care quality and low levels of intellectual stimulation, it is difficult to generalise it to other situations of deprivation.
Im in year 13 lol, ive actually got my first psych paper in a week, but this helps as it is revision!

More eval for Romanian orphans:
A strength of Rutter's ERA study is that there is research to support the idea of a critical period and the importance of early intervention. Chugani et al. (2001) administered PET scans to a small sample (10) of children adopted from Romanian orphanages and compared them with a control group consisting of 17 adults and 7 children. Assessments revealed that there was mild neurocognitive impairment, impulsive behaviour, attention problems and social deficits. The Romanian orphans showed significantly decreased activity in the hippocampus which led to the conclusion that dysfunction in certain parts of the brain have resulted from stress of early deprivation and may be linked to the long-term effects that the orphans have been stated to suffer of. This research supports Rutter's claim that institutionalisation harbours long term effects on attachment.

A limitation of research into institutionalisations is that as there were exceptional circumstances in the romanian orphanages, including poor care quality and low levels of intellectual stimulation, it is difficult to generalise it to other situations of deprivation.

do you have any sort of social media i could message you on for further questions? thank you so much btw
do you have any sort of social media i could message you on for further questions? thank you so much btw

I dont atm sorry (I dont use social media during exam season) but you can private message me on here!
Original post by Sir. Jeff
I can supply u with a full essay on this

would appreciate this if you could please
I dont atm sorry (I dont use social media during exam season) but you can private message me on here!

idk how to could u message me pls

Quick Reply

Latest