Anyone doing an access to medicine course this year?

Watch this thread
wubwubwubwub
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I'm trying to find people doing an access to medicine course this year, since I've got a bunch of questions since there is not much info online.
NCiTizen
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Hello, I am doing an access to medicine course this year. I'll be able to answer any questions that you have.
wubwubwubwub
Rep:
(Original post by NCiTizen)
Hello, I am doing an access to medicine course this year. I'll be able to answer any questions that you have.
Cool! What colleges are you wanting to apply to? And are you going to do the UCAT this year to get an entry for next year?
NCiTizen
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by wubwubwubwub)
Cool! What colleges are you wanting to apply to? And are you going to do the UCAT this year to get an entry for next year?
I'm planning on applying to Manchester, Nottingham (still unsure) and Edinburgh. However, I don't know where else I want to apply for. You have to do the UCAT this year for entry next year and I'll also be doing the BMAT.
wubwubwubwub
Rep:
(Original post by NCiTizen)
I'm planning on applying to Manchester, Nottingham (still unsure) and Edinburgh. However, I don't know where else I want to apply for. You have to do the UCAT this year for entry next year and I'll also be doing the BMAT.
So what Universities are you looking to go to? And do these colleges provide accomadation?
Rosiemaexx
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wubwubwubwub)
Hi, I'm trying to find people doing an access to medicine course this year, since I've got a bunch of questions since there is not much info online.
Hi. I just completed an access to medicine course with an offer for med. I'm happy to answer any questions for you if you want.
wubwubwubwub
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Rosiemaexx)
Hi. I just completed an access to medicine course with an offer for med. I'm happy to answer any questions for you if you want.
Congrats! What college did you apply to and what university are you going to?
Tabishiqbal
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m currently looking into access courses to medicine and am considering taking it. However im not quite sure if it would help my application and help me get into medicine next year, can someone help and give advice on this.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tabishiqbal)
I’m currently looking into access courses to medicine and am considering taking it. However im not quite sure if it would help my application and help me get into medicine next year, can someone help and give advice on this.
Your query has nothing to do with Clearing so I have moved your post out of that thread - answers and discussions would make that off-topic!

Why are you doing an Access to Mediine course? Do you not have the right qualifications to do GEM or standard undergrad medicine?

If you already satisfy entry requirements, doing an AtM course wouldn't give you any more advantage. It's all about the UCAT (and grades / work experience etc.).
Tabishiqbal
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Your query has nothing to do with Clearing so I have moved your post out of that thread - answers and discussions would make that off-topic!

Why are you doing an Access to Mediine course? Do you not have the right qualifications to do GEM or standard undergrad medicine?

If you already satisfy entry requirements, doing an AtM course wouldn't give you any more advantage. It's all about the UCAT (and grades / work experience etc.).
Thank you for moving it to an appropriate thread. I’m still waiting to receive my A level results but I’ve been unsuccessful in my application for medicine, and my mate told me to look into access courses. My ucat wasn’t good enough and I’m sure that’s the main reason, along with that I only have 5 “ gcse o levels” as I had to move to Pakistan and foreigners only have to take 5 subjects, so maybe that’s another reason I was unsuccessful. I’m likely to take a gap year and reapply but my father wants me to make use out of that year academically by taking a course of any type. If you could recommend some courses that have transfer schemes that would also be appreciated.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tabishiqbal)
Thank you for moving it to an appropriate thread. I’m still waiting to receive my A level results but I’ve been unsuccessful in my application for medicine, and my mate told me to look into access courses. My ucat wasn’t good enough and I’m sure that’s the main reason, along with that I only have 5 “ gcse o levels” as I had to move to Pakistan and foreigners only have to take 5 subjects, so maybe that’s another reason I was unsuccessful. I’m likely to take a gap year and reapply but my father wants me to make use out of that year academically by taking a course of any type. If you could recommend some courses that have transfer schemes that would also be appreciated.
Do not do a course with a transfer scheme with the aim to transfer - it is even worse than graduate entry medicine because you are limited to that one medical school.

Always take a gap year if that's what you want to do. Access to Medicine courses are mainly for mature students with absolutely no qualifications, and not for people who have got lower-than-expected grades so you may be looking at the wrong place I'm afraid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads