The Student Room Group

A level computer science

Hi I would like to ask how hard is A level computer science
Reply 1
Original post by Spade.yk
Hi I would like to ask how hard is A level computer science

i have been doing it with the advanced specification since September last year so 9 months and its ok- meaning if you are interested in a career in computers weather it be cyber related or programming and have pre exiting knowledge it seriously isn't hard.

i have only had 9 months and got told just recently i got an A in my NEA project which blew my mind, as i was expecting an D or E.

the tests for me are coming up and the hardest part is are the algorithms and reading code and knowing what its doing, as well as the questions on filling in missing variable names to make code work. these for me are a pain but the rest i find reasonable in difficulty.

if you dont wish to have a career in computers i could see computer science as being dead boring as a lot is theory and programming, i am not a programmer and will never be so it is very stressful for me.

top tips are make sure you understand the spec, shi i have been revising that more than the content leading up to exams.

i do OCR and with advanced information it has been reasonable, difficult sure but ultimately reasonable.

for learning the entire spec i would say it is hard to understand in certain aspects it certainly isn't easy, if you are looking to join the course to do the whole 2 years standard spec then defiantly talk to your teacher so you know what your in for, i was fortunate to be blessed with a very good teacher who knew i wanted to go into cyber and let me join the lessons a year in advance. i have been doing year 1 and year 2 classes so sometimes i learn content that will not be in my tests and honestly its reasonably difficult - meaning if you have an interest in it - then it will be easy if you dont - it will be difficult..

hope this helped, if you need any advice or help just DM me
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by jjxton
i have been doing it with the advanced specification since September last year so 9 months and its ok- meaning if you are interested in a career in computers weather it be cyber related or programming and have pre exiting knowledge it seriously isn't hard.

i have only had 9 months and got told just recently i got an A in my NEA project which blew my mind, as i was expecting an D or E.

the tests for me are coming up and the hardest part is are the algorithms and reading code and knowing what its doing, as well as the questions on filling in missing variable names to make code work. these for me are a pain but the rest i find reasonable in difficulty.

if you dont wish to have a career in computers i could see computer science as being dead boring as a lot is theory and programming, i am not a programmer and will never be so it is very stressful for me.

top tips are make sure you understand the spec, shi i have been revising that more than the content leading up to exams.

i do OCR and with advanced information it has been reasonable, difficult sure but ultimately reasonable.

for learning the entire spec i would say it is hard to understand in certain aspects it certainly isn't easy, if you are looking to join the course to do the whole 2 years standard spec then defiantly talk to your teacher so you know what your in for, i was fortunate to be blessed with a very good teacher who knew i wanted to go into cyber and let me join the lessons a year in advance. i have been doing year 1 and year 2 classes so sometimes i learn content that will not be in my tests and honestly its reasonably difficult - meaning if you have an interest in it - then it will be easy if you dont - it will be difficult..

hope this helped, if you need any advice or help just DM me

I am currently doing computer science ocr GSCE but so I know that the compononet and computer bit is easy , I jus wanted to know how hard is the coursework

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending