Accepting offers

Watch this thread
soaosaoid
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Help !!!!!
I dont know which university to go to
huddersfield for the science extended degree /9foundation year for pharmacy basically )
or manchester pharmacy with a foundation year
Aathira N
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by soaosaoid)
Help !!!!!
I dont know which university to go to
huddersfield for the science extended degree /9foundation year for pharmacy basically )
or manchester pharmacy with a foundation year
which one did you prefer? I personally went to the Huddersfield application day yesterday for the science extended degree as I want to do optometry. The tutor I saw there seemed very approachable and helpful. I have firmed Huddersfield uni. Not sure about Manchester, have you went to the university before?
soaosaoid
Rep:
(Original post by Aathira N)
which one did you prefer? I personally went to the Huddersfield application day yesterday for the science extended degree as I want to do optometry. The tutor I saw there seemed very approachable and helpful. I have firmed Huddersfield uni. Not sure about Manchester, have you went to the university before?
ohmydays i went to the applicant visit day on saturday !!! ive not yet been to manchester tho ,i really would like to go but i think it might be hard commuting from bradford to manchester everyday
Aathira N
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
ohmydays i went to the applicant visit day on saturday !!! ive not yet been to manchester tho ,i really would like to go but i think it might be hard commuting from bradford to manchester everyday
Did you talk to Liz (she was the course tutor)?
soaosaoid
Rep:
Did you talk to Liz (she was the course tutor)?
im not sure what her name was as i came a bit late
Aathira N
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
ah ok I was running late so I missed the talk, all I went to was the chat with the teacher
naanybready
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
im not sure what her name was as i came a bit late
huddersfield might be better cos of commuting. and the grades for hudds is much easier than manchester's foundation year. are you deciding which to firm? manchester is a russell group and would be great but its what is best for you. how long is commuting?
Aathira N
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by naanybready)
huddersfield might be better cos of commuting. and the grades for hudds is much easier than manchester's foundation year. are you deciding which to firm? manchester is a russell group and would be great but its what is best for you. how long is commuting?
I agree, I saw quite a few people on the applicant day who are now doing pharmacy, there is a higher rate of progression to pharmacy at Huddersfield
Last edited by Aathira N; 1 month ago
Aathira N
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I feel like Huddersfield would be a better option overall, as it better opportunities to do well as the course has a mixture of exams and coursework.
soaosaoid
Rep:
I agree, I saw quite a few people on the applicant day who are now doing pharmacy, there is a higher rate of progression to pharmacy at Huddersfield
Im from Bradford so commuting would definitely be a lot easier and cheaper.How many people are on the course and how many people actually progress ?
soaosaoid
Rep:
I feel like Huddersfield would be a better option overall, as it better opportunities to do well as the course has a mixture of exams and coursework.
That's definitely reassuring to hear ,thank you
soaosaoid
Rep:
are the grades not similar as at huddersfield you have to get 70% in each module ?
soaosaoid
Rep:
That's definitely reassuring to hear ,thank you
Is the coursework included in to the final overall grade for each module?
soaosaoid
Rep:
(Original post by naanybready)
commuting to hudds would be around 35 minutes and manchester around 1 hour
Aathira N
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
are the grades not similar as at huddersfield you have to get 70% in each module ?
yes but I think that's achievable because we also have coursework aswell as exams
Aathira N
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Is the coursework included in to the final overall grade for each module?
yes I believe so, that's what the lecturer at Huddersfield told me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (17)
29.82%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
38.6%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.51%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.02%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.28%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.75%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise