free radical sub

Watch this thread
idk__21
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, can anyone help me with why my answer to 1.3 is incorrect and why we need to write out the full structure. Also how do we know that the free radical goes onto that specific carbon atom? Thanks in advance.
Attached files
Last edited by idk__21; 1 month ago
charco
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by idk__21)
Hi, can anyone help me with why my answer to 1.3 is incorrect and why we need to write out the full structure. Also how do we know that the free radical goes onto that specific carbon atom? Thanks in advance.
The question tells you that it's 2-chlorobutane. You need to show the free radical electron on the second carbon.
Turtlebunny
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by charco)
The question tells you that it's 2-chlorobutane. You need to show the free radical electron on the second carbon.
This.
But also, radicals always prefer to form on more substituted carbons. A bit like carbocation stability.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (49)
30.25%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (71)
43.83%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (40)
24.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.23%

Watched Threads