Autistic 2022 A-Level Student Thread

Watch this thread
MeowMeowSuperCat
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi there! I'm 18 year old autistic A-Level student.
I'm setting this thread up as a way for other autistic and neurodiverse students to meet each other, share experiences and offer support for one another in there exams.

I'll give you some of my experiences to get us going. I'm feeling progressively more exhausted every day and am not sure how I'll cope in exams with the extreme tiredness I'm getting because of all the mental strain I'm under.

I'm also already stressing about uni which is 4 months away too.

I do hope this can help other neurodiverse peeps
Interea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
My A levels were a few years ago now, but they were definitely a particularly rough time as an autistic student, so I'm wishing you the best of luck!
littleAbbi
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I was doing A levels and I was given no support and apparently no one had seen my medical evidence for my autism. I didn't do that well on my main exam. I am just finished a level 3 btec course and going uni after the summer. I feel awkward as I'll be a bit old then some other students.
Last edited by littleAbbi; 1 month ago
Interea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by littleAbbi)
I was doing A levels and I was given no support and apparently no one had seen my medical evidence for my autism. I didn't do that well on my main exam. I am just finished a level 3 btec course and going uni after the summer. I feel awkward as I'll be a bit old then some other students.
There's no need to feel awkward, people take lots of different routes to uni so you'll be around first years of a real mix of ages (not to mention societies have students of every year plus post grads). I started uni this year at nearly 21 and have friends from 18 to 28, nobody notices the difference if you don't tell them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads