Cardiff vs nottingham??

Watch this thread
ayapapaya
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, can anyone give some advice?

I cant choose which one to firm (for biochemistry)
I've visited both and they both have their pros and cons.
The courses are both similar for biochemistry so I cant make my decision based on that
Opinions on accommodation, nightlife, student union stuff, and town centre for either one?
Anything is helpful!!!

Thank you
Last edited by ayapapaya; 1 month ago
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
The main issue is whether you want a campus life (Nottingham) or a uni that is integrated into the city (Cardiff). Honestly, both are top unis and both have a great student social life so you cannot go wrong. Cardiff is the capital of Wales so big bands play Cardiff but may skip Nottingham e.g Bryan Adams is playing Cardiff but not Nottingham.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ayapapaya)
Hi, can anyone give some advice?

I cant choose which one to firm (for biochemistry)
I've visited both and they both have their pros and cons.
The courses are both similar for biochemistry so I cant make my decision based on that
Opinions on accommodation, nightlife, student union stuff, and town centre for either one?
Anything is helpful!!!

Thank you
I’ve visited both cities & am familiar with notts university (less so Cardiff).

nightlife;I think you’ll be fine in either city
as with stuff going on in the city centre
Accommodation: generally i think too much is made of this you’ll probably end up in just a student house for years 2+ anyway (I imagine it’ll be cheaper in Nottingham due to being in the midlands versus South, but not 100%)
SU: notts student union is decent, lots of services & of course a couple hundred societies & sports teams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.25%
As I expected (24)
30%
Harder (30)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise