The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Religious Studies A Paper 1 8062/11 - 16 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA GCSE Religious Studies Paper 1 go?

AQA GCSE Religious Studies A Paper 1 8062/11 - 16 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 16th May AM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

rs is stressing me out like lorrdddddd buddhism as a religion is so hard like everything else is definitely okay and i have it locked in but its just the buddhism aspect (im doing christianity and buddhism)

does anyone have any revision resources that arent flashcards/textbooks or seneca? bc i cant seem to find any other decent revision sources for rs

ahhhh i can't believe its our first exam :')
I'm not doing Buddhism and I mostly use textbooks and my notes in class to revise from, but maybe try websites like BBC which in the past has been helpful for the information and then they usually have quizzes you can do as well. Also try creating a mindmap from your notes and then recreating the mindmap from memory to help with remembering it. Sorry this isn't much help but hopefully just going over it a few more times will help it stick in. At first I found it harder remembering some of the Hinduism aspects just because I'm not as familiar with it after growing up in a Christian primary school and because Britain is predominantly Christian. But after spending a bit more time on it and doing some practise questions I eventually started remembering it as well as the Christianity side, so don't worry about it too much and good luck in the exam! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by TazmeenX
rs is stressing me out like lorrdddddd buddhism as a religion is so hard like everything else is definitely okay and i have it locked in but its just the buddhism aspect (im doing christianity and buddhism)

does anyone have any revision resources that arent flashcards/textbooks or seneca? bc i cant seem to find any other decent revision sources for rs

ahhhh i can't believe its our first exam :')

Im doing islam and it is quite hard to get all the content done and in me head but a good way is to read the topic without making any notes then close the website and write what u remember once u've done that open the topic again and see what u've missed highlight that and make a tiny mindmap then move on from it and like after an hour test yourself on it.
also there's a helpful website called quizlet and good look in the exam.
I found BBC Bitesize useful, while studying and jotting down notes on a PowerPoint, which was good. Now, when the exam is right around the corner, I’m starting to do Practice Papers, which is also helpful to revise, by getting down what you know, then looking up other key information. Hope everyone does well.
(edited 1 year ago)
heyyy is anyone able to give me some short quotes i can use use in my rs exam tomorrow? thank youuuu x:biggrin:
Reply 6
you can use: "life is sacred" for christians
and write things like: the bible teaches that god made the earth for humans to rule over animals.
Original post by 4tiffff
you can use: "life is sacred" for christians
and write things like: the bible teaches that god made the earth for humans to rule over animals.

thank you so much!!!
Hi everyone!

Congratulations on finishing your first exam :smile:

I hope it went well for you - feel free to vote in the poll above!

MP
you know what, that wasn't so bad-it couldve been worse
Original post by TazmeenX
you know what, that wasn't so bad-it couldve been worse

Great to hear! Congratulations :smile:
it was actually pretty good :smile:
Hi! Just sat RS AQA Paper 1 GCSE and used two additional answer sheets. But I didn’t realise they were booklets so I only wrote on the first and last page but not in the middle ! And I did it twice ! I realised at the end and wrote ‘mark page 4’ (with arrows ) on the middle two sheets for both answers booklets . Do you think the back pages will still be marked ???
Original post by Lily2300
Hi! Just sat RS AQA Paper 1 GCSE and used two additional answer sheets. But I didn’t realise they were booklets so I only wrote on the first and last page but not in the middle ! And I did it twice ! I realised at the end and wrote ‘mark page 4’ (with arrows ) on the middle two sheets for both answers booklets . Do you think the back pages will still be marked ???

I've merged your question in our official exam chat, so hopefully someone who was in the same exam as you can answer! :smile:
Who else found the exam really good. Like shawty y r u so easy 🥵🥰💋
Original post by SERVINGGCSES
Who else found the exam really good. Like shawty y r u so easy 🥵🥰💋

It was actually fairly good, but I messed up the one on reconciliation...
I only talked about charities and setting up meetings to reconcile groups of people at war not reconciling with God, hopefully I can salvage two marks from that
Original post by MayaVellichor
It was actually fairly good, but I messed up the one on reconciliation...
I only talked about charities and setting up meetings to reconcile groups of people at war not reconciling with God, hopefully I can salvage two marks from that

sameee i wrote smth about street pastors for reconciliation 😭
i'd say it was pretty good ngl, i just take too long to plan my answers out lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending