The Student Room Group

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ 𝐆𝐂𝐒𝐄 𝐃𝐨-𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 - 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞, 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲, 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐭, 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬! ✨

𝐆𝐂𝐒𝐄 𝐃𝐨-𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 - 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞, 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲, 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐭, 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬!

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

:snoozing: Tomorrow (16/05/2022) we will hit off with Religious Studies, Computer Science, and Sociology...

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

⭐️How is everyone feeling?

I've got Religious Studies tomorrow and I'm very anxious - I feel like I should have revised more but here I am! Five years of studying has led to today.

🌟 Talk to me - any nerves - any advice - or just a chat? I'm all open, looking for some fellow GCSE do-ers :h:

⭐️ It's my first time doing something like this so please treat me nicely :blow:

Links: Official 2022 GCSE Timetable and I'll be updating some useful links (that I'm using - feel free to tell me to add more) soon so keep your eyes on the lookout! I'll be updating what exams are upcoming every evening around 22:00!

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤!! 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨!

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I'm not a GCSE student, but good luck to you in your exams!
I know it's hard when you look back and think about all the revising you could have done but didn't. But now all you can really do is focus on the present and on smashing your exams!
Reply 2
Original post by Squiggles1238
Hello, I'm not a GCSE student, but good luck to you in your exams!
I know it's hard when you look back and think about all the revising you could have done but didn't. But now all you can really do is focus on the present and on smashing your exams!

Hello there!! Sorry for the delay in response :biggrin:

Thank you very much for the message and I agree - it is super important otherwise I think you can get caught into the loop of regretting you didn't do more while thinking about what more you could have done for another exam! Religion went well today :smile:
Original post by agent37
Tomorrow we will hit off with Religious Studies, Computer Science and Sociology...

How is everyone feeling? I've got Religious Studies tomorrow and I'm very anxious - I feel like I should have revised more but here I am! Five years of studying has led to today.

Talk to me - any nerves - any advice - or just a chat? I'm all open, looking for some fellow GCSE do-ers :smile:

hello, i did my re gcse (aqa) ... we'll just say im relieved to get over the sikhism paper
i am so stressed abt tmw's bio paper and the lang paper after tmw, but one paper at a time right?

how were your exams and it's such a coincidence you had those 3 exams today because i kid you not, 5 minutes ago i was thinking how would children with re ict and sociology cope with 3 exams on their first day, and here we are!
Reply 4
Original post by dahlia06
hello, i did my re gcse (aqa) ... we'll just say im relieved to get over the sikhism paper
i am so stressed abt tmw's bio paper and the lang paper after tmw, but one paper at a time right?

how were your exams and it's such a coincidence you had those 3 exams today because i kid you not, 5 minutes ago i was thinking how would children with re ict and sociology cope with 3 exams on their first day, and here we are!

Haha, luckily I don't have sociology, RS and Computing - I only take religious studies - but I know a couple who do and wow, hats off to them!! Must be really stressful but they should feel so proud of themselves.

Glad to hear that you're done and over with religious studies - I'm assuming you took RS option A? I had Islam and Christianity and it went well (I think - let's not jinx myself quite yet)!

Yup! Let's take it one paper at a time.
Original post by agent37
Haha, luckily I don't have sociology, RS and Computing - I only take religious studies - but I know a couple who do and wow, hats off to them!! Must be really stressful but they should feel so proud of themselves.

Glad to hear that you're done and over with religious studies - I'm assuming you took RS option A? I had Islam and Christianity and it went well (I think - let's not jinx myself quite yet)!

Yup! Let's take it one paper at a time.

Yeah i do option A, god knows what was running through the head of re's head picking 2 religions totally contrasting in everything.
I'm sure you did great in your Islam and Christianity paper!
Do you do combined or triple science?
Reply 6
Yeah i do option A, god knows what was running through the head of re's head picking 2 religions totally contrasting in everything.
I'm sure you did great in your Islam and Christianity paper!
Do you do combined or triple science?

Triple, unfortunately! How about you?
Original post by agent37
Triple, unfortunately! How about you?

Triple as well, although i detest science and have no intention of continuing it further
what topic is the worst for you?
Original post by agent37
Hello there!! Sorry for the delay in response :biggrin:

Thank you very much for the message and I agree - it is super important otherwise I think you can get caught into the loop of regretting you didn't do more while thinking about what more you could have done for another exam! Religion went well today :smile:

Thats okay, its a busy time!
Exactly, and we can’t change the past, so it’s no use dwelling on it
I’m so glad to hear religion went well for you today, well done! :smile:
Reply 9
Triple as well, although i detest science and have no intention of continuing it further
what topic is the worst for you?

Unsure - probably food tests though - I've yet to remember them :afraid:

Thats okay, its a busy time!
Exactly, and we can’t change the past, so it’s no use dwelling on it
I’m so glad to hear religion went well for you today, well done! :smile:

Thank you!! I'm guessing you've done your GCSEs already?
Original post by agent37
Unsure - probably food tests though - I've yet to remember them :afraid:

Thank you!! I'm guessing you've done your GCSEs already?

Well, i never did them per se, I was the 2020 cohort, so we were in lockdown, but yes, I already have my GCSEs
Reply 11
Well, i never did them per se, I was the 2020 cohort, so we were in lockdown, but yes, I already have my GCSEs

Ah! I see - A-Levels then?
Original post by agent37
Ah! I see - A-Levels then?

Yes, unfortunately the dreaded things are this year :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Yes, unfortunately the dreaded things are this year :s-smilie:

Oh no!! I'm sure you'll do well though! What subjects are you doing?
even though my bio exam is tmrw, i've learned only 2 of the topics. so just scrolling thru reddit n here to fight off anxiety
Reply 15
Original post by gxllenfilm
even though my bio exam is tmrw, i've learned only 2 of the topics. so just scrolling thru reddit n here to fight off anxiety

Gosh same. I've updated the starter of this thread a number of times - what are you stuck on? We can work through some - it's not too late :smile:
Reply 16
𝐄𝐱𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐮𝐩𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟏𝟕/𝟎𝟓/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

⭐️ Biology Paper 1
🌟Psychology Paper 1
✨Urdu Paper 1 + 3

𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤!! 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨!

(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by agent37
Gosh same. I've updated the starter of this thread a number of times - what are you stuck on? We can work through some - it's not too late :smile:

i've got communicable diseases and cell division mostly sorted tbh, they're easy to remember. photosynthesis and organs and organ systems and beating me so hard rn :colonhash: IDK ABOUT EVERY MUSCLE IN THE HEART. I NEVER WILL. SM INFO THAT HAS NOWHERE TO GO IN MY HEAD
Reply 18
Original post by gxllenfilm
i've got communicable diseases and cell division mostly sorted tbh, they're easy to remember. photosynthesis and organs and organ systems and beating me so hard rn :colonhash: IDK ABOUT EVERY MUSCLE IN THE HEART. I NEVER WILL. SM INFO THAT HAS NOWHERE TO GO IN MY HEAD

Are you doing triple or combined?? I didn't know there was anything about the heart?? 0-0
Original post by agent37
Are you doing triple or combined?? I didn't know there was anything about the heart?? 0-0

combined - i'm not even 100% sure but since the topic on my advanced info is organ systems/organs i would think so :?

Quick Reply

Latest