Where should i apply for Economics with A*AA?

Watch this thread
ChaletSA
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya,

A little about me, at GCSE I got 777777666 and am hoping to achieve A*A*AAA at AS-level in Economics, EPQ, Maths, Psychology and financial studies. I'm hoping to get Maths to A* but I wouldn't say its a certainty. I'm also thinking of doing FM AS in year 13.

Currently I'm thinking of Appling to UCL ( if I got A* in maths), bath, and maybe Bristol. Would anyone have any recommendations for Unis? Any replies would be appreciated
camomile_tea
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
London School of Economics ofc
ajay06
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Near Certainly you need A Level Further maths for LSE, so imo no point applying if you do further maths A level
ChaletSA
Rep:
(Original post by ajay06)
Near Certainly you need A Level Further maths for LSE, so imo no point applying if you do further maths A level
Do you think it would be worth applying with AS FM or do you think it would still be looked down upon?
rrricccc223
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ChaletSA)
Hiya,

A little about me, at GCSE I got 777777666 and am hoping to achieve A*A*AAA at AS-level in Economics, EPQ, Maths, Psychology and financial studies. I'm hoping to get Maths to A* but I wouldn't say its a certainty. I'm also thinking of doing FM AS in year 13.

Currently I'm thinking of Appling to UCL ( if I got A* in maths), bath, and maybe Bristol. Would anyone have any recommendations for Unis? Any replies would be appreciated
competition for ucl was extremely tight this year. not trying to sound discouraging but many people with four A*s predicted got rejected.
ChaletSA
Rep:
(Original post by rrricccc223)
competition for ucl was extremely tight this year. not trying to sound discouraging but many people with four A*s predicted got rejected.
Yeh I know, id definitely have backup unis where I'd have a better chance of being accepted, just in case none of the really competitive unis offer me a place.
BenRyan99
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ChaletSA)
Do you think it would be worth applying with AS FM or do you think it would still be looked down upon?
Whilst nobody should ever discourage anyone from applying to anything, personally I think the chances would still be slim with just AS FM. Only way you can really get away with not having the full A-level FM is if your school doesn't offer it and your tutor/referee mentions this in your application.

Aside from this, Bath, Bristol, Nottingham, Edinburgh, etc are all solid backups for an economics degree outside of the traditionally elite economics unis (Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, UCL and Warwick).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads