The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
M, 18, 2

Seems pretty average.
Phantom Phoenix
Why all the anonymous posts? Nothing to be ashamed of about how many people you've slept with; if you're happy with it yourself then no one should be able to make you feel bad :nah:

probably because they want to contribute without divulging personal information on the internet (which is about as public as it gets). I certainly considered it but then when ive done it in the past people have said im lying or that im obviously ashamed (which im not) and you just get in a ridiculous cyclical argument about why you don't want to post openly about something personal.
female, aged 20, 1 person.
Usman938
male, 19, 459

how did you keep track of that? did you write a list or can you actually remember each person?
Female. 16. Zero. :biggrin:

I find the anonymous posts funny.
Reply 365
what's kind of depressing is all the people who are the same ages as me (19) saying, 1, and I hope it never changes etc etc. YOU'RE 18/19/20 how can you POSSIBLY assume you are never going to change or wnat to sleep with anyone else. Great that your so determined to make it work and such (I really admire you), but I'm with a boyfriend now and we've been together for 7 months. If I thought he was the last person I would ever sleep with/have a relationship with I'd be so upset! Not because he isn't fantastic and amazing, I just havent met everuyone in different walks of life yet.

PLease don't neg rep me, I just raised it because I was intersted to knwo what other people's views are on the poinst I've raised!

:smile:
Reply 366
Male, 20 and one person. Not really for me, sex is far too personal.

And girls can sleep with as many people as they want, it'll make them less desirable to guys but I'm sure they're aware of the consequences.
well I think there are some people who just want to share themselves with one person and they want to make that one relationship last as long as possible. Obviously if you're thinking that you're gonna be upset because your boyfriend would be the only one you sleep with for the rest of your life, then why are you dating? Might as well be single and mingle.

Sex is very personal to me.
MayDay102
what's kind of depressing is all the people who are the same ages as me (19) saying, 1, and I hope it never changes etc etc. YOU'RE 18/19/20 how can you POSSIBLY assume you are never going to change or wnat to sleep with anyone else. Great that your so determined to make it work and such (I really admire you), but I'm with a boyfriend now and we've been together for 7 months. If I thought he was the last person I would ever sleep with/have a relationship with I'd be so upset! Not because he isn't fantastic and amazing, I just havent met everuyone in different walks of life yet.

PLease don't neg rep me, I just raised it because I was intersted to knwo what other people's views are on the poinst I've raised!

i totally dont get why you're with your bf then
vapid slut magician

I think she makes a really valid point tbh.
Reply 370
MayDay102

there 1000s different walks of life... you will be very busy :eek:
MayDay102

I'd hate to be in a relationship that I couldn't honestly see lasting; it seems very weird to be in a relationship that effectively has a self-destruct timer on it. That's just me though :dontknow: :smile:

No im not a 5 year old lothario.
vapid slut magician

She might as well be "single and mingle", like I said.
Phantom Phoenix
I'd hate to be in a relationship that I couldn't honestly see lasting; it seems very weird to be in a relationship that effectively has a self-destruct timer on it. That's just me though :dontknow: :smile:

Thing is, at 19, how many do last years and years? I haven't come across loads, and I think if anything, it's pretty wise to accept that you probably won't be together forever but you just want to be happy with them now. There's not exactly anything wrong with that.
Clements-
Thing is, at 19, how many do last years and years? I haven't come across loads, and I think if anything, it's pretty wise to accept that you probably won't be together forever but you just want to be happy with them now. There's not exactly anything wrong with that.

Oh, I'm not saying that these relationships will all last. I just think a relationship is at its best if you're both convinced that "this is the one". Otherwise you're just beating time, knowing you'll break up eventually, and in that situation I'd rather just break up now and start looking for someone I did feel that way about.
Psyk
It's the expected value of the number of people I've had sex with. Basically I've had one encounter and I'm not sure whether there was any penetration or not. So the two possibilities are 0 and 1, so I took the mean value.

I'm starting to see why there was only one encounter....
Reply 377
Phantom Phoenix
Oh, I'm not saying that these relationships will all last. I just think a relationship is at its best if you're both convinced that "this is the one". Otherwise you're just beating time, knowing you'll break up eventually, and in that situation I'd rather just break up now and start looking for someone I did feel that way about.

Very good point. One has get into relationship with an attitude of 'this is it' for it to work
I definitely felt pressurized into having sex when I was younger. I had lots of friends when I was 15 who were into sex, drugs and rock and roll. I wasn't ready at all for that then, and kind of tagged along with it because I felt I'd have no friends otherwise :s-smilie:
But fortunately I moved away from them, and of my own accord found my sexuality a few years later.
So: in answer to the orginal question: Female, 18, 3.
Phantom Phoenix

Fair enough - although I think you can think that, yet still know deep down, that statistically speaking, you probably won't marry the guy. If that makes sense. Although, admittedly, the only guy I ever honestly thought was the one and I had no doubts about it and it was my best relationship I ever had. So there may be a correlation in there somewhere

Latest

Trending

Trending