Pretty sure the answer to this is not what I want to hear…

Watch this thread
Douglas49
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
At the moment I’m in a gap year and have a certain place at one university. Another university’s course has grown appealing to me in this time. Is it possible to hold onto one certain offer on UCAS/in general if I applied for the other one? Not least because I’m uncertain about the whole thing
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
As you suspect, no. From Deferred Entry on the UCAS site:

A lot can change in a year, but you won’t be able to apply elsewhere whilst you’re holding your deferred place, and you can only be released if the course provider agrees.
Douglas49
Rep:
(Original post by DataVenia)
As you suspect, no. From Deferred Entry on the UCAS site:
Thank you! Honestly simplifies things
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Douglas49)
At the moment I’m in a gap year and have a certain place at one university. Another university’s course has grown appealing to me in this time. Is it possible to hold onto one certain offer on UCAS/in general if I applied for the other one? Not least because I’m uncertain about the whole thing
Is it a deferred place you are holding or have you applied this year?
Douglas49
Rep:
Deferred place I am holding- i made a successful application in my last year of school and now I'm in a gap year
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You can only apply elsewhere at this stage if a) you drop your confirmed place completely, b) the other course is still actually accepting applications.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (17)
27.87%
As I expected (17)
27.87%
Harder (24)
39.34%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed