electrochemical cells

Watch this thread
Student 999
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
why is my overall equation wrong, isn't reduction occurring at electrode A and oxidation at electrode B?Name:  IMG_BECB65017B1C-1.jpeg
Views: 7
Size:  84.5 KB
Last edited by Student 999; 1 month ago
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
The cell is being recharged so you have to flip the equation. The one you have written is discharge.Recharge is the opposite of discharge hence the flip
Student 999
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 9899)
The cell is being recharged so you have to flip the equation. The one you have written is discharge.Recharge is the opposite of discharge hence the flip
I had thought the normal equation is when the cell is being charged/recharged whereas when it's being discharged the equations will flip. Is there an explanation as to why the normal equation is when the cell is being discharged?
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Student 999)
I had thought the normal equation is when the cell is being charged/recharged whereas when it's being discharged the equations will flip. Is there an explanation as to why the normal equation is when the cell is being discharged?
Because you have a positive EMF it must be discharge I think
Last edited by 9899; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (24)
32.88%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (34)
46.58%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
19.18%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.37%

Watched Threads