Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there fellow IB-ers,

I'm finishing my EE off as we speak and was wondering about the EE wordcount. I know it is 4,000 max for intro, body, conclusion, but my question pertains to footnotes.

If my footnote is:

_____

^3 This is a footnote, <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN0SVBCJqLs>

Is the URL counted as 1 word, so the total word count of the footnote is 5, or is the URL not counted therefore 4?

PS. I know footnotes are not counted in the 4,000, but i need to know so i can minus and find my exact word count

ReputationRep:
    Also another question...

The EE is 4,000 word count, but is this the max max or is it within 100 (or what ever number)

ReputationRep:
    4000 is the absolute maximum. EE examiners are instructed to not read on after this point.

ReputationRep:
    OP surely it would not count as it is a footnote and footnotes do not count, by the way you are not using youtube as a reference surely? I take that its just an example.

ReputationRep:
    It is an example, but yes I have one footnote referring to a youtube video.

I know that footnotes do not count, but i need to minus my total footnote word count from my total word count to determine my real word count

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G O D I V A)
    It is an example, but yes I have one footnote referring to a youtube video.

I know that footnotes do not count, but i need to minus my total footnote word count from my total word count to determine my real word count
    Then go do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G O D I V A)
    Hi there fellow IB-ers,

I'm finishing my EE off as we speak and was wondering about the EE wordcount. I know it is 4,000 max for intro, body, conclusion, but my question pertains to footnotes.

If my footnote is:

_____

^3 This is a footnote, <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN0SVBCJqLs>

Is the URL counted as 1 word, so the total word count of the footnote is 5, or is the URL not counted therefore 4?

PS. I know footnotes are not counted in the 4,000, but i need to know so i can minus and find my exact word count
    Your footnotes doesnt count in your word count. Besides, shouldnt you use MLA/APA in your reference instead?

There is a button in the Word Count section in WOrd 2007 that can eliminate words in footnotes, textboxes, so that you can count your real word count.

ReputationRep:
    the ONLY thing that counts is your intro, body and conclusion, thats ALL

also, i was wondering if you guys could PLEASE do this survery for my economics EE, it would really help alot, if yes please copy and paste link onto your browser thanks alot

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...dtnUZehA_3d_3d

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.