Graduate Schemes (Accounting)

Watch this thread
MissCarter786
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How difficult is it to find a graduate scheme? Is there a time limit to when I can apply? Can someone please offer some advice on this.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It depends a bit - if you have appropriate a level grades and degree they are entirely feasible.

It’s worth considering the difference between training in practice (accounting firms such as the big 4) and in industry as the recruitment paths can differ. Lots to apply for!

What stage are you at at the moment?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MissCarter786)
How difficult is it to find a graduate scheme? Is there a time limit to when I can apply? Can someone please offer some advice on this.
How difficult are they to find? Very easy - think of any large corporation and they will have a graduate scheme. There are also websites like Gradcracker for STEM-related grad schemes and your uni careers service will help. For accountancy specifically, Big 4 and the ones outside e.g. Grant Thornton, BDO, RSM have them.

How difficult is it to get one? Quite difficult, but you can prepare for it. Practice psychometric tests, read up on assessment centres, and practice your interview skills.
Last edited by Blue_Cow; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.78%
As I expected (73)
31.2%
Harder (88)
37.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.42%

Watched Threads