Does anyone know anything about doing an EPQ in game design?

Watch this thread
Nikki
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am a year 12 student planning on going to uni for game design (not development) and would like to do an EPQ on my own game concept, either with commissioned concept art, or as a pair with an artistic friend of mine. Even after researching into EPQs I have many questions left unanswered and it would be great to get some input.

Firstly, do I need to actually create a prototype of the game, or is a thorough and detailed description/presentation with art a good enough final product?

Would commissioned art - even involving working closely with the artist to create a concept - be permitted?

If I were to delve into prototyping the game, what tools could I use as someone who has only had Scratch, Computer Science GCSE and making "Asteroids" on "Gamemaker" as coding experience?

Lastly, if my friend, doesn't want to do an EPQ with me and commissioned art is not allowed, is it still worth doing with the final product simply being a written game concept?

Sorry about all the reading but if anyone has any answers to any of these questions I would be immensely grateful.
Last edited by Nikki<3; 1 month ago
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (25)
28.41%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
35.23%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
9.09%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.41%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.68%
I’m starting to consider my university options (12)
13.64%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (2)
2.27%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed