How do my repayments work for two undergraduates and postgraduate loans?

Watch this thread
Jamiemuldoon249
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I completed an undergraduate degree in Media and a postgraduate teaching qualification with tuition and maintenance loans. I am now planning to go back to university to do an undergraduate nursing course and will take the tuition and maintenance loans.

When I am qualified and earning enough, how will my repayments work? Will SFE take one set payment or will several come out at once for each loan?

Thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
All of your loans have been undergraduate loans (PGCEs are funded as undergraduate courses). So you will just have one repayment (at 9% of your income above the payment threshold).

The increased loan amount from additional courses doesn’t increase your repayment amount it just extends the time it will take to repay (although it’s like it will be written off before you repay).
Jamiemuldoon249
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
All of your loans have been undergraduate loans (PGCEs are funded as undergraduate courses). So you will just have one repayment (at 9% of your income above the payment threshold).

The increased loan amount from additional courses doesn’t increase your repayment amount it just extends the time it will take to repay (although it’s like it will be written off before you repay).
I done a PGDE not a PGCE, I don't know if that affects it differently?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jamiemuldoon249)
I done a PGDE not a PGCE, I don't know if that affects it differently?
No different. Also undergraduate funding model.

It’s only the masters loan or doctoral loans that increase your repayment amounts
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads