Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tragedy_x)
    Which did you apply to and which one are you hoping for most?
    *points to sig* :p: Really hoping for UCL though, since they offer an MEng course with a year abroad. Most unis make you choose either a masters course or a year abroad, not both. But yeah, I don't really have a snowball's chance in hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turnor)
    *points to sig* :p: Really hoping for UCL though, since they offer an MEng course with a year abroad. Most unis make you choose either a masters course or a year abroad, not both. But yeah, I don't really have a snowball's chance in hell.
    Oh, haha. Sorry! For some reason your sig didn't show up in your previous posts.
    Anywho, thats pretty cool. I'm sure you'll be fine. Best of luck! :gthumb:
    If you get an offer from UCL, where are you looking to spend your year abroad?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got any offers yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    Aww, yeah, I feel your pain.
    I haven't gotten anything other than acknowledgements.
    When did you send off your UCAS application?

ReputationRep:
    On the 13th, so not that long ago. :o: Just got a welcome letter from UCAS this morning.

ReputationRep:
    On the 13th, so not that long ago. :o: Just got a welcome letter from UCAS this morning.
    Ha, you're one of us lucky ones who haven't been waiting long. I sent mine off on the 7th. There are people who've been waiting for over a month and a half who still haven't heard anything! Yet, I cannot stop checking Track. I began checking obsessively the day after I sent mine off. So irrational, lol, but I couldn't help myself.

ReputationRep:
    Same here, well good luck! Another two or so months and we'll definitely have a decision.

ReputationRep:
    the same

ReputationRep:
    Same here, well good luck! Another two or so months and we'll definitely have a decision.

Thanks!
    Good luck to you, too.
    Yeah, just two months! I'm too impatient to wait that long though. Its driving me crazy.
    Plus, I want to know ASAP since my parents are still on the fence as to whether they should let me go to uni in the UK :shifty:. The sooner I hear back from unis, the easier it will be to convince them to let me go because I'll have a concrete offer instead of just throwing around the, according to them, "whimsical concept" of going to the UK whenever I talk to them about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capriceIam)
    the same
    Aw, best of luck, capriceIam.
    -points to your sig-
    Which is your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Aw, best of luck, capriceIam.
    -points to your sig-
    Which is your first choice?
    Thanks, you too))
    Durham is my firm)

Btw, my parents aren't happy about me going to uni in the UK either

ReputationRep:
    If you get an offer from UCL, where are you looking to spend your year abroad?
    California is looking attractive :erm: I'm getting sick of British weather tbh.

ReputationRep:
    once again, no news is good news aye!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capriceIam)
    Thanks, you too))
    Durham is my firm)

Btw, my parents aren't happy about me going to uni in the UK either
    Haha, don't you love it?
    So frustrating! They think I wouldn't be able to handle myself.
    -grumbles- So unnecessarily over-protective. I'm very self-sufficient!
    Where abouts are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turnor)
    California is looking attractive :erm: I'm getting sick of British weather tbh.
    California?! Never!
    I'm very anti-heat. Makes me uncomfortable.
    Sweating is unnecessary.
    Bring on British weather. I'm actually excited about that part!
    I won't be freezing my bum off in Canada like I am right now, but I won't be sweating like a fat kid on an exercise bike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothingvoided)
    once again, no news is good news aye!
    That is definitely true.
    Though, why have no news when you could have an offer?! :eek4: XD lol

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    Good luck to you, too.
    Yeah, just two months! I'm too impatient to wait that long though. Its driving me crazy.
    Plus, I want to know ASAP since my parents are still on the fence as to whether they should let me go to uni in the UK :shifty:. The sooner I hear back from unis, the easier it will be to convince them to let me go because I'll have a concrete offer instead of just throwing around the, according to them, "whimsical concept" of going to the UK whenever I talk to them about it.

I see you're from Canada, what part of?
    I spent four years living there. Unfourtunately in Winnipeg, so it wasn't such a blast :rolleyes:.
    My observational ability says you're applying to Birmingham, is it your firm ? It'd be nice to see some of the old Canuck's at uni (that is, if there's a move-on with these offers in due time).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Affidavit)
    I see you're from Canada, what part of?
    I spent four years living there. Unfourtunately in Winnipeg, so it wasn't such a blast :rolleyes:.
    My observational ability says you're applying to Birmingham, is it your firm ? It'd be nice to see some of the old Canuck's at uni (that is, if there's a move-on with these offers in due time).
    Indeed, I am.
    Near Toronto, Ontario.
    Ah, really?
    Shame it was Winnipeg. I've never been to Manitoba, but it doesn't seem like much fun because, well, no one ever talks about Manitoba! Haha. :p:
    Birmingham is definitely my firm! I'd be bouncing off the walls if I got an offer.

ReputationRep:
    I began checking obsessively the day after I sent mine off. So irrational, lol, but I couldn't help myself.
    I did that - and two days later I had an offer! Now it's just waiting for the rest...which will probably take months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia)
    I did that - and two days later I had an offer! Now it's just waiting for the rest...which will probably take months.
    What?! No way!
    A) You are incredibly lucky. I wish I'd heard back that fast.
    B) -notices your sig- Unfair! You submitted yours nearly a week after I did. Thats so disappointing.
    C) Congrats despite my jealousy. :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.