Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, this is my first ever post lol!!

I sent my application on 17th December and had no achnoledgements or any offers, its driving me mad and im starting to dream about it now lol!

Im also a little concerned, I applied to biomedical science and pharmacology at Caladonian University and everyone else who has applied for these courses has recieved a letter for an interview as they will not make offers without an interview and I still don't have one, anyone else still waiting for this particular uni?

Also applied to Glasgow, so im hoping for a reply from there soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Rock N Roll)
    Hi, this is my first ever post lol!!

I sent my application on 17th December and had no achnoledgements or any offers, its driving me mad and im starting to dream about it now lol!

Im also a little concerned, I applied to biomedical science and pharmacology at Caladonian University and everyone else who has applied for these courses has recieved a letter for an interview as they will not make offers without an interview and I still don't have one, anyone else still waiting for this particular uni?

Also applied to Glasgow, so im hoping for a reply from there soon.
    Not getting acknowledgements sucks! Its so reassuring when you have one because you don't have to think, "Oh my God, what if they didn't get it? Ahh!". I wouldn't be too worried, though. Apparently numerous unis don't send out acknowledgements.

If I were in your situation, I would no doubt feel the same. I'm not waiting on Caladonian University and I don't know anyone who is so I can't really help you out there, but I can say to not be worried. As I've been roaming TSR, I've read that things like that happen often. It doesn't mean you won't be getting an offer. Its just the luck of the draw. If you'd been successful, you'd know. If you haven't heard from them its just because they haven't gotten around to you yet.

Wow, I sound so much more rational when I am offering advice to other people on this subject. Yet, when I try to tell myself these things, it does nothing lol.

ReputationRep:
    Aww thank you

I feel a little better now, its always nice to get some reassurance from others. Thanks for your help and advice..good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Rock N Roll)
    Aww thank you

I feel a little better now, its always nice to get some reassurance from others. Thanks for your help and advice..good luck!
    Haha, no problem.

This waiting is horrible so I'm glad I was able to make someone feel a bit better .

Good luck to you, too.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh i had the worst nightmare ever: The teacher responsible for UCAS in our school made an announcement that all of you who haven't got offers yet won't get any and you should apply via UCAS Extra - then i woke up :p: phew

and no, still no offerss..

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the date by which all offers must be given? As in the uni's deadline to give offers?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tragedy_x)
    Haha, don't you love it?
    So frustrating! They think I wouldn't be able to handle myself.
    -grumbles- So unnecessarily over-protective. I'm very self-sufficient!
    Where abouts are you?
    YES! My parents think I'm too irresponsible. And they want me to study in Moscow, but hah, it's my life, my decision
    But, anywat, it's too late for them to bother, unless I won't get any offers

I'm from Estonia, btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capriceIam)
    YES! My parents think I'm too irresponsible. And they want me to study in Moscow, but hah, it's my life, my decision
    But, anywat, it's too late for them to bother, unless I won't get any offers

I'm from Estonia, btw)
    Good thing for you, you just got to pay the EU/Home fee :P I am screwed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragon20)
    Leeds met - REJECTED
    is that even possible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lindath)
    No no I mean the deadline for universities to give us offers, not for us to reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hykim1)
    No no I mean the deadline for universities to give us offers, not for us to reply.
    Yes that's the end of march.

The deadline for us to reply is around may.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student#1)
    Good thing for you, you just got to pay the EU/Home fee :P I am screwed
    yup, I'm very happy about it

ReputationRep:
    Could anybody possibly answer my question about philosophy + economics course at LSE, UCL, Edinburgh, York.

Applied mid October as a student from Germany and haven't heard anything yet!

Would be really grateful for any advice on what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gatsby0202)
    Could anybody possibly answer my question about philosophy + economics course at LSE, UCL, Edinburgh, York.

Applied mid October as a student from Germany and haven't heard anything yet!

Would be really grateful for any advice on what to do.

Wait.

In the worst case scenario (Little chance of happening to you, I might suppose) there is always Extra and Clearing. Philosophy is usually up for clearing, no?

But everything will probably be okay. A friend of mine is also applying to York and UCL (..if I'm not mistaken on the latter), except for Philosophy and History of Art, and she hasn't heard from them either. It'll all turn up in due time.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    is that even possible?
    what a cruel and disgusting thing to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by +epic)
    what a cruel and disgusting thing to say.
    oh well. I genuinely thought it was impossible so i asked
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    oh well. I genuinely thought it was impossible so i asked
    well it sounded like you were trying to be rude, which most of your posts are tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by +epic)
    well it sounded like you were trying to be rude, which most of your posts are tbh
    well there's nothing wrong with being rude imo why beat around the bush prettying things up. If you have to say something go say it
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    well there's nothing wrong with being rude imo why beat around the bush prettying things up. If you have to say something go say it
    because just sometimes you need to think about what you are saying and how they affect other people. Theres a difference between being straight talking and insensitive.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.