Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lindath)
    Yes that's the end of march.

The deadline for us to reply is around may.
    No, actually the deadline for unis is in June. 31 March is the suggested date that ucas gives to unis to give out their offers but they can actually give out offers until June (see ucas website for exact date).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepoffthelawn)
    ahhh i had the worst nightmare ever: The teacher responsible for UCAS in our school made an announcement that all of you who haven't got offers yet won't get any and you should apply via UCAS Extra - then i woke up :p: phew

and no, still no offerss..
    Rofl, wow! Definitely a horrible nightmare!
    Can you imagine if that were real and had happened? I’d cry.
    Lucky that it was a dream. :p:

Aw, sucks. Some will come soon, I’m sure.

(Original post by capriceIam)
    YES! My parents think I'm too irresponsible. And they want me to study in Moscow, but hah, it's my life, my decision
    But, anywat, it's too late for them to bother, unless I won't get any offers

I'm from Estonia, btw)
    Yeah, that is pretty much what mine think. They also feel that I am “out of touch with reality”. I am very much in touch with reality! Okay, so I might not have experienced a lot of things, but its actually their fault! They never let me do ANYTHING.
    Sadly, I’m not as lucky as you are. They wouldn’t let me apply in the UK unless I apply here also and since I don’t have any way to pay the UCAS fee without them (no credit card or anything), I had to follow their rules.

(Original post by Student#1)
    Good thing for you, you just got to pay the EU/Home fee :P I am screwed
    Ha! I know exactly what you mean.
    Though, The cost of university here is relatively close to that in the UK. Off by a couple thousand though. Sucks.

Where are you from?

(Original post by Toxic Tears)
    No, actually the deadline for unis is in June. 31 March is the suggested date that ucas gives to unis to give out their offers but they can actually give out offers until June (see ucas website for exact date).
    That is generally correct; however, international applicants can apply up until June 31st. Therefore, it wouldn’t make sense to set a strict deadline of June to give out offers.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh no offers just one acknowledgement up to now.
    I don't think they give them out on Sunday though do they? Maybe next week... *hopes*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tragedy_x)
    Rofl, wow! Definitely a horrible nightmare!
    Can you imagine if that were real and had happened? I’d cry.
    Lucky that it was a dream. :p:

Aw, sucks. Some will come soon, I’m sure.

Yeah, that is pretty much what mine think. They also feel that I am “out of touch with reality”. I am very much in touch with reality! Okay, so I might not have experienced a lot of things, but its actually their fault! They never let me do ANYTHING.
    Sadly, I’m not as lucky as you are. They wouldn’t let me apply in the UK unless I apply here also and since I don’t have any way to pay the UCAS fee without them (no credit card or anything), I had to follow their rules.

Ha! I know exactly what you mean.
    Though, The cost of university here is relatively close to that in the UK. Off by a couple thousand though. Sucks.

Where are you from?

That is generally correct; however, international applicants can apply up until June 31st. Therefore, it wouldn’t make sense to set a strict deadline of June to give out offers.

Europe - NON EU though ( It is one of the richest country in th world. No more clues)

ReputationRep:
    Europe - NON EU though ( It is one of the richest country in th world. No more clues)
    Switzerland?

ReputationRep:
    Switzerland?
    Nope. Try again.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Try again.
    Ummmm...
    Rofl, the only other place I can think of is Norway.
    I hope that one is right or else I'm going to explode with curiosity and have to Google it. XD

ReputationRep:
    Ummmm...
    Rofl, the only other place I can think of is Norway.
    I hope that one is right or else I'm going to explode with curiosity and have to Google it. XD
    haha, I agree)

ReputationRep:
    JUNE!!!?!?! So we could be waiting til June for offers?? Oh my god... I was barely surviving knowing I was getting all my offers by end of Jan (which I thought was the deadline)... does anyone know if Imperial and LSE any set dates that they tend to give out most offers by?
    Oh man I really thought I was definitely getting a reply by end of january... this sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Patience is such a virtue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unrepentant)
    Patience is such a virtue.
    Yes, and its one which I don't have.
    -refreshes Track 4,890,783,340 times-
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hykim1)
    JUNE!!!?!?! So we could be waiting til June for offers?? Oh my god... I was barely surviving knowing I was getting all my offers by end of Jan (which I thought was the deadline)... does anyone know if Imperial and LSE any set dates that they tend to give out most offers by?
    Oh man I really thought I was definitely getting a reply by end of january... this sucks.
    It would be a nightmare. I wouldn't know what to do if it's april and i got no offers

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping that I will get my first offer tomorrow! Quite unlikely as I applied on Thursday, but you'll never know..

EDIT: Damn, I just realized that I might as well get a rejection! Hopefully that's not the case, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haya)
    I'm hoping that I will get my first offer tomorrow! Quite unlikely as I applied on Thursday, but you'll never know..

EDIT: Damn, I just realized that I might as well get a rejection! Hopefully that's not the case, though.
    +1, haha
    I've got an acknowledgement from Bristol and that's all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hykim1)
    June is rubbish.

UCAS Info:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    September 2008

Application processing begins.

15 October 2008

Last date for receipt of on-time applications to Oxford University, University of Cambridge and courses in medicine, dentistry and veterinary science or veterinary medicine.

15 January 2009

Deadline for on-time applications from UK and EU students to be guaranteed equal academic consideration.

26 February 2009

Applicants can refer themselves through Extra for the first time.

31 March 2009

Universities and colleges should aim to have sent decisions on all applications received by 15 January.

5 May 2009

Outstanding replies from applicants declined by default where the last decision from universities and colleges was received by 31 March (except those living outside the EU, those governed by the Route B timetable or Extra).

8 May 2009

Outstanding decisions from universities and colleges on applications received by 15 January are rejected by default.

5 June 2009

Outstanding replies from applicants declined by default where the last decision from universities and colleges was received by 8 May (except those governed by Route B timetable or Extra).

30 June 2009

Final deadline for receipt of applications for immediate consideration. Those received after this date held for Clearing.

6 July 2009

Outstanding replies from applicants declined by default where the last decision from universities and colleges was received by 12 June (except those living outside the EU whose last decision reached UCAS after 8 May, those governed by Route B timetable or Extra).

Last date for applicants to refer themselves through Extra.

14 July 2009

Outstanding replies declined by default where last decision received by 12 June (all applicants except Extra).

20 July 2009

Outstanding decisions on applications received by 30 June and Extra referrals rejected by default.

31 July 2009

Outstanding replies declined by default where last decision received by 20 July (except those living outside the EU).

5 August 2009

6 August 2009

Publication of SQA results. Start of Scottish Clearing vacancy information service.

All outstanding replies declined by default.

20 August 2009

Publication of GCE results.

Start of English, Welsh and Northern Irish Clearing vacancy information service.

21 September 2009

Last date for receipt of applications for 2009 entry.

ReputationRep:
    I havent had any offers yet
    i had 2 acknowledgments, one from the university of birmingham and another from swansea university....
    has anyone had an offer from them? if so, how long did it take?
    im gettin worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistress of Light)
    I havent had any offers yet
    i had 2 acknowledgments, one from the university of birmingham and another from swansea university....
    has anyone had an offer from them? if so, how long did it take?
    im gettin worried.
    Ha, I'm the same as you. I've only recieved two acknowledgements and one of them was from Birmingham, too.
    What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Ha, I'm the same as you. I've only recieved two acknowledgements and one of them was from Birmingham, too.
    What did you apply for?
    international business with a language.u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistress of Light)
    international business with a language.u?
    Media, Culture, and Society.
    When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Media, Culture, and Society.
    When did you apply?
    before christmas.......

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.