Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    STILL nothing

I seriously can't take this much longer
    I haven't been the same at college cuz i've been that downhearted and my grades are gonna suffer for it

It's so unfair the way they do this
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by dragon20)
    STILL nothing

I haven't been the same at college cuz i've been that downhearted and my grades are gonna suffer for it

have you tried emailing them? It might be because christmas caused a huge influx of applications which they are trying to sift through....
    on the other hand it has been two months, so try contacting them. Have you recieved acknowledgements? Seriously dont worry about UCAS- i know its a strain but you cant let it affect your work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by +epic)
    have you tried emailing them? It might be because christmas caused a huge influx of applications which they are trying to sift through....
    on the other hand it has been two months, so try contacting them. Have you recieved acknowledgements? Seriously dont worry about UCAS- i know its a strain but you cant let it affect your work.
    I don't wanna e-mail them because i'm more likely to get rejected then and if i get rejected by my top choice i'm gonna be devastated

I've only received an acknowledgement from UCLAN and nowhere else

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing for me, not too bothered at the moment as my application only went of on the 13th January.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't wanna e-mail them because i'm more likely to get rejected then and if i get rejected by my top choice i'm gonna be devastated

I've only received an acknowledgement from UCLAN and nowhere else
    :confused: no you wont!!!! it has been 2 months, you have every right to be worried, and if they reject you i can assure you it wont be on the basis of emailing them. I emailed my uni's several times, and they are all willing to answer my questions.

Chin up :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Still nothing for me, not too bothered at the moment as my application only went of on the 13th January.
    not applying to Glasgow or Aberdeen or anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    Every Edinburgh student at TSR is waiting so long!

:hugs: I know how you feel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by +epic)
    :confused: no you wont!!!! it has been 2 months, you have every right to be worried, and if they reject you i can assure you it wont be on the basis of emailing them. I emailed my uni's several times, and they are all willing to answer my questions.

Chin up :p:
    Oh ok

Which should i e-mail the main admission e-mail or one of the admission officers e-mails on the site?

I don't wanna e-mail the wrong person

ReputationRep:
    AH!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Yay! Finally got my first offer today! I guess its time to unsubscribe.
    Not the one I was hoping for, but it certainly gives me a confidence boost and excites my pants off! Can't wait to hear from the other two unis. Bye, everyone!

Good luck!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh ok

Which should i e-mail the main admission e-mail or one of the admission officers e-mails on the site?

I don't wanna e-mail the wrong person
    when you go on the uni website, find the course, and it will have a bit with "more information". this will have an email to an admissions tutor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tragedy_x)
    AH!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Yay! Finally got my first offer today! I guess its time to unsubscribe.
    Not the one I was hoping for, but it certainly gives me a confidence boost and excites my pants off! Can't wait to hear from the other two unis. Bye, everyone!
    Oh, lucky you! I still don't have any news. But seriously.. I've been waiting for a week now and I'm already sick of waiting. I have no idea what those, who have been waiting for months, must feel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haya)
    Oh, lucky you! I still don't have any news. But seriously.. I've been waiting for a week now and I'm already sick of waiting. I have no idea what those, who have been waiting for months, must feel
    Yeah, it would suck waiting months. Just try to stay sane a little while longer. Its been two weeks on the dot and I just got my first offer so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that you'll hear from one of the unis very soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by +epic)
    not applying to Glasgow or Aberdeen or anywhere else?
    Oh I am but Edinburgh is really the only one I want to go to, I applied last year and they gave me an unconditional but I stupidly rejected it, now I hope they won't reject me this time.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh I am but Edinburgh is really the only one I want to go to, I applied last year and they gave me an unconditional but I stupidly rejected it, now I hope they won't reject me this time.
    how come you rejected them? did you miss your grades for your firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tragedy_x)
    Yeah, it would suck waiting months. Just try to stay sane a little while longer. Its been two weeks on the dot and I just got my first offer so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that you'll hear from one of the unis very soon!

Yay!! I am sure you are happy Well done. Now hang in there and watch your offers pour in

**I am still waiting for the other universities to reply to me **

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by +epic)
    how come you rejected them? did you miss your grades for your firm?
    Bad decision, I decided to go somewhere else, but during my gap year realised Edinburgh would be better, really really hope they take me back or I am well and truly ******.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Bad decision, I decided to go somewhere else, but during my gap year realised Edinburgh would be better, really really hope they take me back or I am well and truly ******.
    ahh dont worry you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    STILL nothing

ring them.....i did.....they really dont mind and the people on the phone are always really helpful...and u dont have to wait for a reply....

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems to be getting their offers pretty quickly and its kind of making me nervous How long does it usually take to get an offer? BTW, im also from canada planning on going to uni in the uk, if i get in

ReputationRep:
    someone said 2 weeks.

nice =D

lol i sent mine a week ago, i'll be waiting then 8-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.