Turn on thread page Beta

Who still has no offers? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine before the oxbridge deadline, but still nothing

Think i may have managed to pick the 5 universities that take the longest to get back to you, genious

ReputationRep:
    Got details about interviews in the post...nothing from ucas!
    got 2 interviews...nottingham trent next week and Reading the week after so far...
    still waiting on durham, leeds met and birmingham city..
    had an acknowledgement from durham..but they wont tell me anything until january unfortunately..that being my first choice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Snips)
    Who hasn't finished their PS yet?

Me
    This.

Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calicoeannecash)
    You've applied to 4/5 of my choices (where I have Bristol instead of Durham). Same Cambridge college as well! Which maths courses have you applied for?
    Hm..*tries to remember course codes*..G100 for Cambridge, and G103 for all the others. I hate you for having an offer from Imperial and an interview with Bath already :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is it normal for you not to get acknowledged????????
    I got 2 offers but did not get acknowledgements from those unis.....ive only got one acknowledgment from brimingham andthe other 2 i havent yet............

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's not that strange. As far as I know York don't send acknowledgments and also some others too, obviously...
    Don't worry until you get a rejection...

ReputationRep:
    Me :mad: :mad:
    I just want one so I can stop worrying I want some before my January exams or I know ill mess them up due to worrying

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application on the 19th of September to Oxford, UCL, KCL, LSE and Bristol for Law. I had my interview for Oxford, and have received all them acknowledgements but god dammit...!
    NO OFFERS!! (yet.. I hope)

Guess I was way too ambitious .. i mean

ReputationRep:
    I sent off on the 15th Oct, for UEA and city college, norwich, and have no replies

I've been acknowledged by UEA, and a letter saying that my app. has been passed to the disability person, so will take longer. Still a bit desperate tho:o:

ReputationRep:
    Application processed on 30th Sept. Acknowledgements from all, recieved my questionnaire from Courtauld, done with Cambridge test and interview. No offers, sadly. I'd like to see one soon. ):

I've applied to Cambridge, UCL, Courtauld and St Andrews for Art History.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brook Taylor)
    Hm..*tries to remember course codes*..G100 for Cambridge, and G103 for all the others. I hate you for having an offer from Imperial and an interview with Bath already :p:
    You'll hear from them soon I'm sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    My app isn't being sent off until January 15th. :cry: So it won't be for a while.
    That is absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, get that sorted fast.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Grapevine)
    That is absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, get that sorted fast.
    Don't worry, I plan on whining a lot to my subject teachers in the hope that they will force the app to be sent earlier. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I plan on whining a lot to my subject teachers in the hope that they will force the app to be sent earlier. :rolleyes:
    Good. I just don't see the logic behind it and I think it is completely unreasonable.

It is a well known fact that getting it sent of early means you have more chance of getting offers. All this "equal consideration until Jan 15th" only applies to a very small number of universities. Places like Southampton and Manchester give out a huge number of offers before Jan 15th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AisAis)
    I've had a letter foreshadowing an offer which still. hasn't. turned. up. on. ucas. Arh!

This feels like throwing my application at five brick walls...
    Why are they taking so long to put the offer into UCAS?!!! Come on Leicester! Maybe they're waiting for us to reply to their letter saying which visit day we're going to?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Grapevine)
    Good. I just don't see the logic behind it and I think it is completely unreasonable.

It is a well known fact that getting it sent of early means you have more chance of getting offers. All this "equal consideration until Jan 15th" only applies to a very small number of universities. Places like Southampton and Manchester give out a huge number of offers before Jan 15th.
    Mmm but my tutors think that 'sending off earlier = more chance of offers' is silly, and that everyone gets equal consideration even if it is sent later. :rolleyes: Hm, I don't think so somehow!

ReputationRep:
    I have no offers yet but Edinburgh, Durham, St Andrews and QUB have basically said they are waiting until after January 15th!!! :laugh:

Although Oxford should be rejecting me soonish!!

ReputationRep:
    Mmm but my tutors think that 'sending off earlier = more chance of offers' is silly, and that everyone gets equal consideration even if it is sent later. :rolleyes: Hm, I don't think so somehow!
    Exactly, if a university gives out any offers, even one, before Jan 15th then they are not giving equal consideration. And even places like Durham and Warwick which have a reputation for being slow, and therefore, supposedly "fair" give out a few offers before Jan 15th...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hykim1)
    I'm just looking for a little consolidation as I have no offers yet.. who else is in the same boat, and where did you apply?

I applied for maths at:

Oxford
    Imperial
    Warwick
    Kings
    LSE

And have no offers, although I got emails acknowledging receipt of my application.
    I have applied for Midwifery at
    Bournemouth
    DMU
    Nottingham
    Worcester
    Surrey
    have already been rejected by nottingham and havnt any offers yet but i wouldnt get offers as i would need to be shortlisted for a interview and depending upon that,would depend whether i get a place
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studiouswhenneeded)
    I sent my application on the 19th of September to Oxford, UCL, KCL, LSE and Bristol for Law. I had my interview for Oxford, and have received all them acknowledgements but god dammit...!
    NO OFFERS!! (yet.. I hope)

Guess I was way too ambitious .. i mean
    Already???

I sent mine on 14th of October...Three acknowledgments so far, but that's about it...

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.