University of Liverpool no longer accepting second year transfers?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
In 2021, I wrote to Director of Studies for the programme I wanted to transfer into year 2 of to ask if it was possible. I sent a copy of my transcript and was told that enough of the modules matched to allow a direct transfer into year 2, provided that I achieved a 2:1 in my first year. I achieved a 1st (I also exceed the A-Level requirements) and have since applied and am now being told that my modules no longer match up as, even though they are the same, they can’t be sure of the content. Has anybody else experienced this? I’m wondering if it’s programme specific or whether it’s a new policy the university has taken on.
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
In 2021, I wrote to Director of Studies for the programme I wanted to transfer into year 2 of to ask if it was possible. I sent a copy of my transcript and was told that enough of the modules matched to allow a direct transfer into year 2, provided that I achieved a 2:1 in my first year. I achieved a 1st (I also exceed the A-Level requirements) and have since applied and am now being told that my modules no longer match up as, even though they are the same, they can’t be sure of the content. Has anybody else experienced this? I’m wondering if it’s programme specific or whether it’s a new policy the university has taken on.
What degree did you want to switch into? I know of someone who switched into Y2 at Liverpool this year.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Sandtrooper)
What degree did you want to switch into? I know of someone who switched into Y2 at Liverpool this year.
Hi. It’s their BA Business Management programme.
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi. It’s their BA Business Management programme.
That's a very competitive and popular course so chances are they don't have spaces.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads