Bristol or KCL law??!

Watch this thread
mauvejellyfish
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is one more respected than the other? Which might have better rates in terms of employability? Having visited both cities I know they're very different but can see positives of both...
nnpatel01
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Congratulations on both offers - I was having a hard time deciding between both for my insurance. Personally, I would go with KCL, purely due to the university having a lower acceptance rate; it suggests prestigiousness. Also, King's also has a higher ranking than Bristol for Law and the job prospects are better as vacation schemes from King's will most likely be London based and starting salaries for lawyers are higher in London than Bristol. Both are fantastic universities and be sure to take other factors into consideration when you make your final decision but in terms of employability, job prospects and ranking, I think KCL is a clear winner
Gmaster1980
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It makes absolutely no difference. Pick whichever one works better for your life.
Augustino D
Badges: 12
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mauvejellyfish)
Is one more respected than the other? Which might have better rates in terms of employability? Having visited both cities I know they're very different but can see positives of both...
I don't think that there is much of a difference. Both universities will provide you with more than adequate opportunities. It is up to you to take advantage of them and develop yourself along multiple 'lanes' as a candidate - whether this comes down to your interview technique, grades, work experience, extracurriculars, writing style, and so on. It is not enough to wave the Bristol or King's card and expect to get in!
Augustino D
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nnpatel01)
Congratulations on both offers - I was having a hard time deciding between both for my insurance. Personally, I would go with KCL, purely due to the university having a lower acceptance rate; it suggests prestigiousness. Also, King's also has a higher ranking than Bristol for Law and the job prospects are better as vacation schemes from King's will most likely be London based and starting salaries for lawyers are higher in London than Bristol. Both are fantastic universities and be sure to take other factors into consideration when you make your final decision but in terms of employability, job prospects and ranking, I think KCL is a clear winner
Not everyone is a prestige-seeking automaton and I hope that King's isn't filled with people like you. Nor is everyone expected to please judgy parents who are living vicariously through their children's achievements.

There is nothing stopping Bristol students from applying to jobs in London and indeed many of them do. When they do, they do so on an equal footing. The fact that King's is in London is not relevant. There is likewise nothing stopping a King's student from applying for a job in Bristol!

The use of phrases like "vacation schemes from King's will most likely be London based" makes it sound like you're not very bright - this inability to formulate clear, well thought out arguments will affect you to a far greater extent than your choice to study at King's College London.
nnpatel01
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Actually, I'm going to LSE for law
ringi
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Think about how much respect the university gave you with the application process and if you wish to be at an university with that level respect for students from the admin staff.

Also thinking about the cost of living in the two cities.
nnpatel01
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Gmaster1980)
It makes absolutely no difference. Pick whichever one works better for your life.
4A*s predicted at A Level. 30 in the LNAT. 88888888888 at GCSE (with extenuating circumstances), but yes - I'm sure LSE have lowered their standards
Gmaster1980
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
4A*s predicted at A Level. 30 in the LNAT. 88888888888 at GCSE (with extenuating circumstances), but yes - I'm sure LSE have lowered their standards
Nothing sadder than someone needing to list our their high school level qualifications to prove a point when someone else called out their misconceptions. Its telling you aren't actually picking apart the point Augustino made about the argument and instead are pulling "gotchas".
Augustino D
Report 1 month ago
Actually, I'm going to LSE for law
Does this make any difference to my point?

You do realise that, if you display the same inability to use logic and make a cogent argument in either your degree or during the application process, you are probably going to fail, right? Going to LSE (or indeed King's or Bristol) won't save you.

Why did you feel the need to communicate this to the outside world?
nnpatel01
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Augustino D)
Does this make any difference to my point?

You do realise that, if you display the same inability to use logic and make a cogent argument in either your degree or during the application process, you are probably going to fail, right? Going to LSE (or indeed King's or Bristol) won't save you.

Why did you feel the need to communicate this to the outside world?
because Gmaster1980 suggested that LSE have "lowered their standards"
LawStudent456
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You’re talking waffle lad.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads