Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm not a fan of a significant portion of the Australian population Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mfm89)
    The australians i know are lovely, when I was there they were very friendly. And they were great supply teachers, let us get away with murder.

I don't think you can generalise.
    I have to just say GO STREATHAM!!!!! We BEAT Balhams ass!:yep:

ReputationRep:
    There are many xenophobic Australians.
    There are many xenophobic Americans.
    There are many xenophobic Brits.

The hypocrisy of this thread is pissing me off majorly. The sweeping generalistions, assumptions, and views made from meeting a small selection off a population.

Christ, and you say WE'RE the racist ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galadriel100)
    So OP, if you don't like Australia, don't come back. There you go. Problem solved
    Stunning idea. Trust me OP, you won't be missed.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galadriel100)
    So OP, if you don't like Australia, don't come back. There you go. Problem solved
    Wow racist attitude. BTW, aren't you an Indian ? (Saw the Hindi(?) in your signature.) If so, who gave YOU the right to say who should come and who shouldn't? You go back to India.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I love Aussies! All the ones I've met have been really nice!

That said, they're far too happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadExaminee)
    Wow racist attitude. BTW, aren't you an Indian ? (Saw the Hindi(?) in your signature.) If so, who gave YOU the right to say who should come and who shouldn't? You go back to India.
    Is someone defined as their parents origin? I dont think so. Im of Indian origin, but i'm an Australian. (since I have been here for 14 years)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bally)
    Is someone defined as their parents origin? I dont think so. Im of Indian origin, but i'm an Australian. (since I have been here for 14 years)
    You may be an Australian citizen, you surely aren't a true Aussie in that sense now, are you? You'll always remain an Indian or, more correctly, an Indian-Australian. Your parents came to Australia to seek a better life. But that shouldn't really matter...enjoy being an Australian...no harm!

ReputationRep:
    You may be an Australian citizen, you surely aren't a true Aussie in that sense now, are you? You'll always remain an Indian or, more correctly, an Indian-Australian. Your parents came to Australia to seek a better life. But that shouldn't really matter...enjoy being an Australian...no harm!
    Actually no. My passport says im australian, I do things the aussie way, I was brought up here so im aussie. If you come to australia, you will realise that it is very diverse (more so than the UK), and thus if we adopted that naming strategy everyone would not be australian (bar aborigines).

ReputationRep:
    In all fairness, we as a nation make a fair few unprovoked jokes towards the French, the cheese eating surrender monkeys that they are.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the hindi says Kimberley.
    But the Aussie have brainwashed her so now she is as racist as they are.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Australia, land of the free, a place where you can be... all inclusive boat trips for comitting a crime!

ReputationRep:
    The hypocrisy of some of the people in this thread makes me want to stab something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peanut42)
    The hypocrisy of some of the people in this thread makes me want to stab something.
    Just make sure that whatever you stab is wearing green and gold stubbies, thongs and is drinking a VB.
    A bogan

ReputationRep:
    Another bogan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bally)
    Actually no. My passport says im australian, I do things the aussie way, I was brought up here so im aussie. If you come to australia, you will realise that it is very diverse (more so than the UK), and thus if we adopted that naming strategy everyone would not be australian (bar aborigines).
    Now now now, please wait, will you ? I like the way you claimed that all Aussies, except Aborigines, can't be true Aussies according to my views. There is a difference between coming to conquer and settling, and coming just to escape poverty and sick standard of living. You fit into the 2nd group, so aren't a true Aussie. Those who come and settle after conquering, they are the real Aussies. This is true for everyone everywhere. Got it !

ReputationRep:
    They're all descended from convicted criminals, what do you expect?

ReputationRep:
    Now now now, please wait, will you ? I like the way you claimed that all Aussies, except Aborigines, can't be true Aussies according to my views. There is a difference between coming to conquer and settling, and coming just to escape poverty and sick standard of living. You fit into the 2nd group, so aren't a true Aussie. Those who come and settle after conquering, they are the real Aussies. This is true for everyone everywhere. Got it !
    I just looked at your profile, you want to go study in Australia yes? I'm afraid you aren't going to make many friends with that attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhoadissimus)
    I have to just say GO STREATHAM!!!!! We BEAT Balhams ass!:yep:
    I'm Brixton, but my constituency is Streatham and my school, but I have to agree, however **** Streatham is, its better than Balham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    They're all descended from convicted criminals, what do you expect?
    So Australia has had no immigration at all in the past 200 years?
    Who the hell are you to say I came to Australia to escape poverty in the UK? My family is full of doctors, lawyers and dentists so I definitely did not move here to escape poverty/sick standard of living.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bally)
    So Australia has had no immigration at all in the past 200 years?

Who the hell are you to say I came to Australia to escape poverty in the UK? My family is full of doctors, lawyers and dentists so I definately did not move here to escape poverty/sick standard of living.
    I thought you said you were an ex-Indian...why UK? UK is richer than Australia. I was taking about your parents escaping India.

Come on now, why are you taking my silly remarks so seriously? After all, I'm a chav, or bogan, or whatever :rolleyes:

Btw, if living in India was equally good, why come to Australia ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.