DaraabAhmed
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so i just gave three gce o level subjects papers and i am now planning to give computer science papers in oct november as well as english
so can any one help me with the preperation
Lysistrata
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
What do you mean? Do you mean 'give' or 'have'?
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lysistrata)
What do you mean? Do you mean 'give' or 'have'?
It seems a not uncommon idiom among some English speakers (particularly from South Asian backgrounds I gather?) to refer to sitting an exam (i.e. what might be typically referred to in British English as "taking an exam") as "giving an exam". So basically they recently completed 3 exams as detailed above and plan to sit for 2 more later in the year.

(Original post by DaraabAhmed)
so i just gave three gce o level subjects papers and i am now planning to give computer science papers in oct november as well as english
You might find it hard to get resources on TSR as it's mainly focused on UK exams and exam boards, and O-Levels haven't been offered in the UK for about 30 years or so (they've been replaced with GCSEs). You might find some GCSE resources helpful revision but make sure you check the exact requirements for your exam and bear in mind any differences
Lysistrata
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
It seems a not uncommon idiom among some English speakers (particularly from South Asian backgrounds I gather?) to refer to sitting an exam (i.e. what might be typically referred to in British English as "taking an exam") as "giving an exam". So basically they recently completed 3 exams as detailed above and plan to sit for 2 more later in the year.

You might find it hard to get resources on TSR as it's mainly focused on UK exams and exam boards, and O-Levels haven't been offered in the UK for about 30 years or so (they've been replaced with GCSEs). You might find some GCSE resources helpful revision but make sure you check the exact requirements for your exam and bear in mind any differences
Good point. However note CIE do offer O Level which are taken more by international schools than UK.

Can you tell us what your three O Level subjects were and what two subjects you intend to do in November?
DaraabAhmed
Rep:
Good point. However note CIE do offer O Level which are taken more by international schools than UK.

Can you tell us what your three O Level subjects were and what two subjects you intend to do in November?
i gave islamyat pakistan sudies and urdu (which are only necessary in pakistan) and I intended to give computer science and english
DaraabAhmed
Rep:
(Original post by DaraabAhmed)

and i have heard that your entry in university with scholar ship is not mostly given if you give exams by breaking
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
45%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (5)
25%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
10%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5%

Watched Threads