Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I still havnt recieved my ema and now my computer is on its way out...i have trouble getting to colege because of no ema and well i dont know what to do because i need a laptop or a computer for college as im doing a btec media course, my mum keeps saying i should beable to get some kind of grant or something to help me finance myself to get what i need, is this true? is there any other form of financing except for ema, i am so desperate, without a computer i will fail my course, its a coursework base subject.
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Could you not get a job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Could you not get a job?
    perhaps shes doing a course which requires more work than "television production"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter North)
    perhaps shes doing a course which requires more work than "television production"
    Perhaps making stupid assumptions doesn't give any advice to the OP?

ReputationRep:
    yes and no, i could get a job but i wont or dont have the time cause of how my course is and hows it layed out... i just wanted to know if there was any finance help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Perhaps making stupid assumptions doesn't give any advice to the OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adelaidez)
    yes and no, i could get a job but i wont or dont have the time cause of how my course is and hows it layed out... i just wanted to know if there was any finance help.
    Hm. Well, universities have an access to learning fund. I'm not sure (tried Googling), but some colleges potentially offer the same thing? Something to look into.

ReputationRep:
    Does the place you're doing your BTEC not have a computer lab that you could use?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.