Kingston University or University of Greenwich for Psychology

Watch this thread
gamze012
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've got until the 9th of June to firm my uni choice but I can't decide between these unis. The course I applied in Kingston to has an additional placement year however, its a bit too far from where I live and Greenwich is the highest on the rankings for Psychology in London. I also applied to University of Hertfordshire which has a year abroad. Which course would you think would benefit me in the long run. I don't know if I should go far (to Kingston) as I know the placement year would benefit me. Also, what are the unis like in general (social life)? Any advice would be appreciated!
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Placement year - for Psychology this will make an enormous difference to your graduate CV.
There are very few entry level jobs in Psych - not enough for the thousands of Psych grads the Unis are now churning out every year - so anything that gives you an advantage is a major plus.
gamze012
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Placement year - for Psychology this will make an enormous difference to your graduate CV.
There are very few entry level jobs in Psych - not enough for the thousands of Psych grads the Unis are now churning out every year - so anything that gives you an advantage is a major plus.
Ok thank you! Do you know if it matters what uni you go to? I don't want to have a disadvantage after finishing my degree by going to a lower ranked uni as I'll be competing with so many student who went to higher ranked unis.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads