KCL still hasn't responded

Watch this thread
xethris
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
There's 3 days until the deadline and KCL still hasn't responded. Are my chances of rejection very high?
xizzyxox
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
i've also not heard for KCL (for Medicine). I think they've done this late reply thing for most courses, so don't feel as if you're the only one. I know someone who got an offer for physics, at the end of last week, and many people at my school are still waiting too. don't give up hope until the deadline hits. the admissions staff are working from home, and are clearly struggling to manage the volume of applicants.
don't give up hope until that deadline hits.
good luck with ur application xx
xethris
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by xizzyxox)
i've also not heard for KCL (for Medicine). I think they've done this late reply thing for most courses, so don't feel as if you're the only one. I know someone who got an offer for physics, at theTh end of last week, and many people at my school are still waiting too. don't give up hope until the deadline hits. the admissions staff are working from home, and are clearly struggling to manage the volume of applicants.
don't give up hope until that deadline hits.
good luck with ur application xx
Thank god I'm not the only one!!
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The London Unis have not behaved well this year - lack of communication, not answering phones/emails, and very late decisions. Yes, they have been swamped with applications because of inflated grades for the last ttwo years, but this is still a poor service.

Btw, for Medicine it makes no difference where you train,
All Med degrees are accredited as equal by the GMC and your NHS isnt going to care where you trained - and neither will your future patients. If you have other offers, you could withdraw from KCL and go somewhere else.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Fwiw - working from home doesn’t stop admissions staff from making decisions or answering phone calls.

Delays to decisions are down to a lack of staff or failure to recruit staff in a timely manner.

And refusing to answer phone queries is a management decision and shows terrible customer service.
xizzyxox
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
The London Unis have not behaved well this year - lack of communication, not answering phones/emails, and very late decisions. Yes, they have been swamped with applications because of inflated grades for the last ttwo years, but this is still a poor service.

Btw, for Medicine it makes no difference where you train,
All Med degrees are accredited as equal by the GMC and your NHS isnt going to care where you trained - and neither will your future patients. If you have other offers, you could withdraw from KCL and go somewhere else.
I've got 2 other offers for medicine, which I'll accept over kings even if I did get an offer, as their communication has been much better. I'm just holding out for kings out of curiosity to see how my interview was.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.02%
As I expected (72)
31.03%
Harder (87)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.45%

Watched Threads