OCR AS Level Computer Science May 17th 2022 exams

Watch this thread
TrenchKidd
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
who else is sitting the AS exam for CS tommorow?
jimmelton
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Me, just hoping the advance information saves my arse
lol764
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How did u guys find it ? I didn’t like the question on facial recognition
fhs11707
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
how did u guys find it, did everything on the adanc einfo come up and did any not on it come up?
TrenchKidd
Rep:
(Original post by jimmelton)
Me, just hoping the advance information saves my arse
all of the topics came up plus ther were extra ones like computer legislation
TrenchKidd
Rep:
(Original post by fhs11707)
how did u guys find it, did everything on the adanc einfo come up and did any not on it come up?
they all came up plus extra topics like legislation. What did you get for the simplified expression? i got A OR ( C AND D) or something along those lines
fhs11707
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i didnt do it im gonna do the a level one next month i just watnee dto know if everything from the adance info came and if extras came too
TrenchKidd
Rep:
(Original post by lol764)
it was a good paper. The facial recognition one you had to speak about data protection act
fhs11707
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
thankss how did u find it
TrenchKidd
Rep:
r

thankss how did u find it
are you year 13? yeah everything in advanced info came up but there were extra topics aswell
TrenchKidd
Rep:
(Original post by lol764)
did you do the last question pseudocode?
fhs11707
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TrenchKidd)
r

are you year 13? yeah everything in advanced info came up but there were extra topics aswell
yhh was the extra topic only legal stuff or were there any more
TrenchKidd
Rep:
yhh was the extra topic only legal stuff or were there any more
Yh it was just that for the AS paper. Do you guys have the same advanced info as AS?
fhs11707
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
similar like they cut of so much like legal stuff isnt on it and boolean algbrea isnt on it and so much from networking is cut off like its crazy i just hope they dont add extra topics thats not on it like big topics
jimmelton
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
did you do the last question pseudocode?
I did it in python, but ended up forgetting which function to use after using the "with... open..." function to iterate and read through a file lmao. I still reckon i'll pick up a few marks for defining the function, declaring variables and printing results
jimmelton
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
they all came up plus extra topics like legislation. What did you get for the simplified expression? i got A OR ( C AND D) or something along those lines
I got A OR (C AND D) too
jimmelton
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Did anyone else get an overflow for the binary addition question? I reattempted it about 5 times to make sure I wasn't being an idiot lmao
lol764
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jimmelton)
Did anyone else get an overflow for the binary addition question? I reattempted it about 5 times to make sure I wasn't being an idiot lmao
Yh I did too, did it like three times as well ! I just put the extra 1 in front but I think I should have circled/label it to let them know it’s a carry
emi123j
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
how much marks would you say was outside of the advance information.
emi123j
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
all of the topics came up plus ther were extra ones like computer legislation
how much marks would you say was from topics outside of the advance information?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (3)
27.27%
As I expected (3)
27.27%
Harder (4)
36.36%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
9.09%

Watched Threads