The Student Room Group

SQA predicted grades 2022 exams

Does anyone know how the predicted grades work, I'm quite curious??
Original post by 2022user
Does anyone know how the predicted grades work, I'm quite curious??

This is to my knowledge of how it works.

The teachers sent the SQA your predicted grades based on end of unit tests, prelims, homework and so on. When you get your results and you haven't done as well as you thought you should have (eg >90% on all tests done in school but ended up with a C or B) You can appeal it through your school or straight to the SQA. Your teacher will gather the evidence for your predicted grade and send it to the SQA. The SQA will then adjust your grade depending on the results.

I have no idea how much evidence they will need or how well you did (eg if you did one prelim that is just an A, i dont know if they will give you an A) Or if you did 3 end of unit tests where you consistently got A's then they will gave you an A. They might even only bump it up one grade, disregarding what percentage you got. With the amount of bs the SQA have put us through this year who knows what they will do. But I highly doubt if your predicted grades are high anyway you should be fine for the exam. Hope this helped!
Reply 2
Original post by Comrade_Jelly
This is to my knowledge of how it works.

The teachers sent the SQA your predicted grades based on end of unit tests, prelims, homework and so on. When you get your results and you haven't done as well as you thought you should have (eg >90% on all tests done in school but ended up with a C or B) You can appeal it through your school or straight to the SQA. Your teacher will gather the evidence for your predicted grade and send it to the SQA. The SQA will then adjust your grade depending on the results.

I have no idea how much evidence they will need or how well you did (eg if you did one prelim that is just an A, i dont know if they will give you an A) Or if you did 3 end of unit tests where you consistently got A's then they will gave you an A. They might even only bump it up one grade, disregarding what percentage you got. With the amount of bs the SQA have put us through this year who knows what they will do. But I highly doubt if your predicted grades are high anyway you should be fine for the exam. Hope this helped!

Ohh I see thank you. The teachers at my school didn’t really explain the predicated grades stuff very well so no one knows how it works. It’s good to know that if I didn’t get what I wanted in the exam there’s still hope with my evidence.

Thanks for this I appreciate it!! 😊
Reply 3
If you teacher has predicted your grade a 'C' and you believe it should be a 'B' but the SQA award you a 'C' you cannot appeal as you have achieved what your teacher predicted! the predicted grade cannot be changed. my daughter's school did not explain that your grade is 'capped' at the teachers predicted grade.

Quick Reply

Latest