Memorising the Quran

Watch this thread
shybutterfly
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How do I memorise the Quran in 4 years?
Because my plan is to start memorising the Quran when I start university in 1st of September and my university course is only 4 year course including the placement year.
Can someone please tell me how do i do it? And any tips needed to help me keep going inshallah
TriplexA
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shybutterfly)
Because my plan is to start memorising the Quran when I start university in 1st of September and my university course is only 4 year course including the placement year.
Can someone please tell me how do i do it? And any tips needed to help me keep going inshallah
Hi there

I think this is great!

I've heard that listening to Quran can help with remembering it

Wish you all the best with it.
Last edited by TriplexA; 1 month ago
shybutterfly
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there

I think this is great!

I've heard that listening to Quran can help with remembering it

Wish you all the best with it.
Thank you
zay_da
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Listening to the Quran does help, and also once you have started memorising make sure you don't stop practicing what you have already memorised. Good Luck. May Allah help you.
username5706823
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've memorised half the Quran and it's actually harder than you'd think.
You can try memorising half a page a day but the problem is revision, it'll get very tedious but revision is so important for Quran memorisation or else you'll forget everything you've learned as soon as you learn it.
////////////
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Make a plan and do a set amount each day i guess the main factor in memorising is consistency in my opinion
Last edited by ////////////; 1 month ago
StraightPath81
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Asalaamu Alaikum, you have certainly made a very noble intention and if you were to die before having completed full memorisation of the entire Qur'an then it is hoped that you will be of those who died upon having memorised the entire Qur'an inshaAllah.

So there are 6,236 verses in the Qur'an. If we divided that by 1460 days (4 years) then you only have to memorise 4 verses a day. If you are consistent in memorising 4 Ayaat a day then you would have memorised the entire Qur'an within 4 years inshaAllah.

However for this process I would urge you to have a teacher or someone competent in the recitation of the Qur'an to whom you can recite memorised verses to on a regular basis. This person can also keep a check on you to ensure you are on target or to motivate you whenever you may be off target or lacking in motivation. Face to face is better but nowadays many people have online Qur'an teachers as it does not require to go to a specific location and you can log on wherever you maybe and recite to online teachers.

Also even if your not on target for the 4 years then as long as your trying your best and are consistent and patiently persevere through any hurdles, then eventually you will have memorised the entire Qur'an inshaAllah.

Please also refer to the following thread on lots of tips, motivation, help and advices on memorising the Qur'an:

https://www.islamicboard.com/qur-an/...ise-quran.html
Last edited by StraightPath81; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads