Help! Loughborough or Warwick for Engineering?

Watch this thread
alex._.
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hoping to go onto study mechanical engineering next year, but can’t decide between Loughborough or Warwick. I hear that the Wolfson school may be stronger in terms of engineering and Warwick’s reputation is more due to business/ finance etc. Which engineering course is the best in terms of quality, teaching and which is the most fun? Thanks!
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alex._.)
Hoping to go onto study mechanical engineering next year, but can’t decide between Loughborough or Warwick. I hear that the Wolfson school may be stronger in terms of engineering and Warwick’s reputation is more due to business/ finance etc. Which engineering course is the best in terms of quality, teaching and which is the most fun? Thanks!
Id probably go with Loughborough, generally slightly better regarded for engineering. But if you wish to work in finance or consulting id go to Warwick.
Last edited by mnot; 1 month ago
alex._.
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
Id probably go with Loughborough, generally slightly better regarded for engineering. But if you wish to work in finance or consulting id go to Warwick.
couldn’t think of anything worse than being stuck in a finance job, engineering is definitely the career path I want to take.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
45%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (5)
25%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
10%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5%

Watched Threads