The Student Room Group

A level politics AQA Help!

Hi there, I have been given this question to answer: ‘analyse and evaluate to what extent the uk remains a representative democracy’ and was wondering if anyone could help me out in answering it. Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by 15REyeth
Hi there, I have been given this question to answer: ‘analyse and evaluate to what extent the uk remains a representative democracy’ and was wondering if anyone could help me out in answering it. Thanks!

mention fptp as the electoral system that elects representatives and involve the different representation models such as burkean or delegate. against u can talk about referendums and direct democracy (eu referendum 2016, av referendum 2011, scottish independence referendum) and discuss how the increasingly high turnout in referendums over elections suggests the trend of which type of political participation the electorate want to involve themselves in

i do edexcel, do u do essay plans as revision?
Reply 3
Original post by Nish2257
i do edexcel, do u do essay plans as revision?

Yes, I do. I’m with AQA for politics
Reply 4
Original post by nk3333
mention fptp as the electoral system that elects representatives and involve the different representation models such as burkean or delegate. against u can talk about referendums and direct democracy (eu referendum 2016, av referendum 2011, scottish independence referendum) and discuss how the increasingly high turnout in referendums over elections suggests the trend of which type of political participation the electorate want to involve themselves in

Thanks, for replying! Submitted my the essay to my teacher just waiting for feedback. Your reply really helped me out :smile:
Reply 5
Thanks, for replying! Submitted my the essay to my teacher just waiting for feedback. Your reply really helped me out :smile:

no problem!! best of luck for exams!

Quick Reply