too anxious to go to uni open day

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i dont have to go do i? i dont care about making friends or anything yet tbh, but will i miss out on much?
mystudentlife
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
On open day u don’t really talk to ppl apart from current students regarding any questions u have. I would defo go as looking at uni online is very diff to the vibe in person so you have to kinda go to see if u like the atmosphere which in my opinion is as important as other factors like reputation etc
Last edited by mystudentlife; 1 month ago
Lysistrata
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Why are you anxious? Be specific. Generalized anxiety or specific things? Don't let anxiety stop you doing something normal and unscary like a Uni open day. Everyone else there will be new. And yes, it does matter: a uni may look like your thing on the website but you may find it has a different feel than you imagined. Or you the halls are a million miles from the lecture rooms. Or the accommodation is poky and dirty. Or it just doesn't feel like a place you like.

It matters. Sort it out. Help is available if you need it, but ultimately you have to just stop and push back. Lockdowns have been tragic and left so many feeling vulnerable, but it's not normal and we need to step up and take back our normal.
zakramsey
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Open days aren't necessarily about the social aspect. Of course, people on the same course as you are people you may well gel with but to be honest, open days are more about familiarising yourself with the facilities of said university and the modules of the course you're interested in. If you have multiple universities in mind, you could compare the courses that each of them do, and the qualities of the unis in general and thus have a far better understanding. I promise you, it will help you.

I spoke, practically, to nobody on both of my open days and I still got all the information I wanted, yet felt good with my surroundings and the feeling of my future self doing that course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
29.58%
As I expected (22)
30.99%
Harder (25)
35.21%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed