Exam help- URGENT

Watch this thread
thrivingfrog
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just a few qs that you hopefully don't mind answering

1. Can you write your answers in science exams as bullet points for 4-6 mark questions? I've always done this in lesson and my teacher has never said anything but just making sure I won't lose points for this in the exam

2. In exams where you have to write a long answer and are given lines to write it on, if you run out of lines can you continue to write underneath them? (as long as you are within the box)
Last edited by thrivingfrog; 1 month ago
thrivingfrog
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
bump
Driving_Mad
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thrivingfrog)

1. Can you write your answers in science exams as bullet points for 4-6 mark questions? I've always done this in lesson and my teacher has never said anything but just making sure I won't lose points for this in the exam

2. In exams where you have to write a long answer and are given lines to write it on, if you run out of lines can you continue to write underneath them? (as long as you are within the box)
1. For 4 markers you can, for 6 markers if it says the question is assessing spelling, punctuation, grammar then you can’t, full sentences and paragraphs.

2. You can continue underneath, there is also spare pages at the back of the booklet sometimes, or you can ask for extra paper, labelling which number you are answering and continuing your answer

GGG
thrivingfrog
Rep:
(Original post by Driving_Mad)
1. For 4 markers you can, for 6 markers if it says the question is assessing spelling, punctuation, grammar then you can’t, full sentences and paragraphs.

2. You can continue underneath, there is also spare pages at the back of the booklet sometimes, or you can ask for extra paper, labelling which number you are answering and continuing your answer

GGG
If the 6 marker does not say it will assess spag can you use bullet points?
Lysistrata
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

1. You can use bullet points for questions that don't refer to marks for 'Quality of Written Communication'. These are usually 6-8 marks or more.

2. I'd advise asking the invigilator for an extra sheet - they have lots specifically for this. If your paper has to be scanned in, notes in margins may be lost. Stay within the lines .

Good luck.
chungy246
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, we're always advised to write in bullet points where we can because you are clear on what points you've already made
I've never seen spag marks come up, at least for igcse
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If the 6 marker does not say it will assess spag can you use bullet points?
Yes you can.
Science teachers also advise students to use bullet points if they are running out of time to make all their points because you normally get one mark per point regardless of whether it’s written in bullet points or paragraphs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (9)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (14)
51.85%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (4)
14.81%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads