Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Only slept with one person.... slightly frustrated Watch

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and I lost my virginity to him, I'm at uni now and we're still going strong (he's been able to visit me) but I see my flatmates getting with different people and being a bit adventurous and I feel a little bit jealous... I wish I'd have slept with other people before meeting him I know for a lot of people it sounds great, but I would just like to be able to try new things in such a 'free' environment. I love him to bits, I'd hate to break up with him but... grrr..... I totally don't want to be some kind of slut, I'm just intregued as to what's out there! Any advice?

If you guys are going strong then stop thinking about this for a while...instead think about being more adventurous with your boyfriend for now instead? Try new things, cause trust me, sexually the best way to experiment and try new things is with someone you trust, I have slept with 5 guys and the ones I trusted are the ones I had so much more fun with. You can talk about what works for you, what doesn't etc and learn tips to try on other people when you guys aren't together anymore.

Just think about how much you really love your boyfriend and if you really don't want to break up with him then don't! Being in a relationship is so much nicer, safer and more comfortable.

Going around getting with loads of random people in my opinion just really isn't that fun. It just doesn't appeal. I'm sure most of your flatmates are jealous that you have this stable relationship with someone you love and trust, most people would kill for that.

Just try to think positive about what you have got. You haven't experienced what you are missing so what can you possibly miss? And you never know, you might hate it if you try it? Way up the pros and cons of being with your boyfriend...I'm sure the pros will outway the cons any day .

Hope this helps?

ReputationRep:
    You're only young. Cheat on him.

ReputationRep:
    don't cheat!!!!

you'll have loads of time late-to get with others

and if you don't, cuz you marry, then he was apparently The One, so you didn't miss out on anything

ReputationRep:
    You sound exactly like me a couple of months back! This is the thread I made about it- hope it helps!
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post13233178
    I don't know if that will work but try it anyway!
    Might not be the exact same situation as you but you'll get the jist :p: Hope everything goes OK, and don't worry about feeling like that- I was in the exact same situation (technically, I still am but I've realised how much better it is this way). x

ReputationRep:
    Really why does it matter that you've only slept with one person, unless you wondering what other males antomnys look like and the size different, like whats it like to have bigger and smaller, really sex is all the same, i find it to be better and more full-filling to make love with someone i love as its better than someone who will go at it like a race horse just for the pleasure, if you get what i mean

ReputationRep:
    you're young, you have internet access... find someone online you can hook up with and get some exta practice with :awesome:

seriously, dont over think such silly things like this.. they just make you look stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Foul)
    You're only young. Cheat on him.
    i'm sorry? what? no offence but you shouldn't encourage people to cheat, i've been cheated on and it is one of the worst pains ever. there are so many other options. don't cheat, it's really not worth the guilt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _*zoe*_)
    i'm sorry? what? no offence but you shouldn't encourage people to cheat, i've been cheated on and it is one of the worst pains ever. there are so many other options. don't cheat, it's really not worth the guilt.
    K.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If you're jealous of them being adventurous then incorporate some of this "adventure" into your sex life, rather than think you want to sleep with other people. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol sorry I read the topic title as "Only slept with one person... slightly penetrated"

My advice would be to discuss it with him, honesty is the best policy! Maybe he'd accept some mild polygamy for the sake of maintaining sexual sanity.

ReputationRep:
    The grass always looks greener on the other side but I don't think it is. And I do know howt feels to be in your situation because I've been with my boyfriend thoroughout all of my uni years. I have come to the conclusion that I wouldn't want to throw away what I have as it's much easier to find randmers to have one night stands with than it is to find someone to have a successful loving relationship with. Don't be a fool and cheat on your boyfriend. Though if you feel this way perhaps a split would work for you and you'll be more appreciative of what you had.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.